Wednesday, January 27, 2010

bigger and bigger-and other stuff

I just had to say how big I feel. I am totally loving the fact that I haven't felt sick this pregnancy and definitely acknowledging the great blessing that is...but I have been much more uncomfortable the past month in this pregnancy than I ever remember being with Grayson, so that is definitely different. I am so sore and don't sleep well and I just can't believe how much harder this one feels on my body than just a couple years ago. I told Zac we better have our kids close together because I am already feeling too old for this! (: Seriously though, in compiling our blog books, I came across a bunch of pictures from the past couple years and I was just thinking of how happy I'll be to be able to get back to that kind of shape. It's funny how when we're doing good and feeling good we still tend to think we aren't where we need to be...then I'll look back and think, "why was I ever complaining, I looked amazing!" (: I need to remember that...and realize that I will get back there someday. I have so many friends having babies right now or who have recently had them who are starting to work out and get back into shape right now and I just want to join them-and then I think really hard about it and realize what I really want to do is take a nap!-so I'll wait till after baby boy comes and then get back on the wagon! For now, here are some skinny-a relative term-for me pics to reminisce about!In more exciting news, our friend Jeff had a DOUBLE lung transplant last week in Wisconsin and is doing fabulously (considering he feels like he was hit by a train!) and we are so grateful for the new lease on life he was given and can't wait to see him. He was so deserving of this and we couldn't be happier for him. We love you Jeff!

Taylor apparently took this cute picture of her and Gray last time she was home, so I thought I'd post it. He calls her on the phone often (for real & pretend) and we can't wait till she's home in April for a while. Miss you Aunt Tayer!Last night McCall (& Kelsey & Jaeger for a little bit) watched Grayson so I could go to the temple with Zac. I rode with my parents and met him there. We did sealings and it was so fun. The sealer was awesome and taught us some pretty cool stuff-along with telling us some neat stories. There were some couples from our ward with us which was fun too. Afterward, Mom & Dad took us to a yummy dinner at Olive Garden and it was delicious. We are glad we got to go again & thankful for Aunt Doll's willingness to watch our little man while we went. {this video is from Zac's birthday party at my folks-I just downloaded a bunch of clips and thought this was funny!}

4 comments:

Kyle and Tiffany said...

HOTTIE! Skinny is not a relative term for you, Karli. You look AMAZING in those photos. You'll get back there. I know how the pregnancy largeness can be a little discouraging, but the body distortion is worth it to bring these amazing spirits into the world. You'll be back to normal in no time. In the meantime, I think you're a pretty darn cute pregnant girl.

Glad you were able to go to the temple and Olive Garden. That sounds like a perfect night to me.

Anonymous said...

you are one sexy mama sister. (: Those are all way good pictures and I am somewhat jealous, and wish I had your neck.. A neck for that matter..

also, glad you posted that picture of me and gray.. I thought it was so cute when i found it! and the video, hilarious. love and miss you guys!

Diana said...

You are totally beautiful. I love you Karli!

Elizabeth Peterson said...

I like the looks of your tush in the sideways pictures. I totally would be pinching it if I were there with you. Don't even pretend you wouldn't enjoy it either..I know you better then that! :0)