Thursday, February 25, 2010

cracks me up.

Yesterday was a good day. Zac, Grayson and I spent the entire day together today. Not doing anything particularly fun from the outside looking in, but fun because we were together. I sure love these boys. I knew it would be a good day when we were getting ready in the morning and rushing around and I overheard Grayson say the following while pretending to "fix" the vacuum:

"So...I wanna kitty for my birthday."
This was then followed by:
Gray-"Mom, I wanna be married."
Me-"Why?"
Gray-"I don't know."
Me-"Who do you want to be married to?"
Gray-"I don't know....{long pause} Lance, Kelsey & Jaeger."
Me-Much laughing!

First we headed to downtown Boise for Gray's eye appointment with Dr. Lee. He did fantastic! It was a two hour appointment because they had to dilate his eyes and wait the 30 while that worked and checked him before and after. She was super impressed with his language skills & thought the sling she'd done in his surgery at 5 months has held up extremely well. We were glad to do that. He totally charmed the pants off all the nurses & assistants and did awesome with the vision tests they had him try. One of them was to look at a computer screen and see a picture {of a house, a heart, a flower, a circle, etc.} and then she'd hold up a poster with the same pictures and ask him to point to the one that matched or was the same. He did so well! He only stopped caring when he got distracted and would ask, "What's that flashlight for?" She said he has a small misalignment in his eyes that she's not noticed before & wants to keep an eye on that to make sure his vision is not affected. So we'll see her in 3 months. So grateful for good medical professionals who care about our sweet boy. He only cried a little when they put the drops in his eyes and that was because we suddenly held him down. After it was done and they started dilating, he was kinda trippy the rest of the day and his pupils were HUGE! So cute.

After that we had an hour long meeting with some consultants and it went well and Gray did so well there too. Then we had a 2 hour meeting with our bookkeepers/accountants & I had packed a lunch for Gray and his cars and he was totally good through the whole thing and just kept blowing Jennifer kisses & telling her about his cars. He seriously couldn't have been better & didn't have a single meltdown, tantrum, etc. all day. Made it so nice.

He passed out almost the minute we got in the car at 3:00 and slept the whole way home {Z & I stopped for a milkshake-yum!} and continued sleeping in the car when we got home...and on the couch when I brought him in. Till 6:00! He was wiped out. He went out in the garage to lift weights with Zac while I did mutual with my girls inside the house...he loves doing pull ups-and does them pretty dang well! After they were done & we did the whole pre-bedtime routine (much later than usual due to the late nap), we were squeezed together on the couch talking and Grayson pulled his pant leg up and said very forlornly {while grabbing his ankles}, "my ankles so big." Zac and I about died laughing. I know it's because he's heard me saying it before & I couldn't believe he would remember or know what I was talking about. I tell ya-he cracks us up! And just for your viewing pleasure, a picture of my largely inflated feet/ankles to prove that mine really are big whereas his are just right!It was nice to have time with both my guys today and to talk to Zac about some of our goals in the business and our personal lives. I am so thankful to be married to him. He is the best friend I could imagine going through this amazing/crazy/tough/rewarding life experience with.

Today Grayson and I have been lazy & laid back. I'm trying to just take it pretty easy and we didn't go anywhere. Just worked on a couple things here, took a nap, read, and played on the floor with tractors, books, blocks, etc. And of course found Grayson with his newest obsession several times: washing his hands, feet, etc. in the water, or brushing his teeth a hundred times a day. I love & dislike the independence stage! We are now anxiously awaiting Zac's arrival because he left at 6:00 this morning and had training meetings all day so we missed him!

5 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Loved this post because I can't get enough of your boy. Can you duplicate him and send him my way? I love mine to pieces but Gray really is adorable. Sorry your feet are swollen. I remember that too well. Hope your weekend is as good as yesterday/today was. It was so nice to chat for a minute today. Love ya!

Elizabeth Peterson said...

I am so sorry your feet are swollen but at least you made them cute with the red nail polish. Gray is adorable and sometime when you are out our way you really need to come by and hang out with us, we would like it kinda alot!

Athena said...

How cute is Grayson! It's going to be so neat to see the differences in their BIG personalities! I too had MAJOR swollen ankles, but never took a picture of it, because my feet aren't as cute as yours are ;)

Diana said...

I love your detailed posts about your days. I can't believe Grayson was so good during such a busy day thats so good for you!
Sorry about your feet, that happened to me with Kira the last month of my pregnancy. I felt like Fred Flintstone. Ryan just married Miriam and we were all hanging out I had my feet up and he said Diana I just need to ask are your feet always like that. I laughed and said no, Miriam reprimanded him. I really wanted to cry!

The Black Family said...

Gray is so cute! I love all your pictures. you are so good to journal everything! I am so sorry about your ankles...I had that same problem with Carter and it makes it so uncomfortable and I always felt like I couldn't wear shoes or anything. I just kept saying to myself "it will all be worth it" and it is! So glad you guys are doing well.