Yesterday I had my 35 week check up for little "hickory baldwin" (aka: hbc). Grayson got to go with me on a little mommy/son date & Zac met us over there. Gray slept the whole way over while I sang to the tunes & woke up when we got to the doc. He played with toys for a while & Zac met us right then. They called me right back and we all went back. I think Gray was most excited that the appointment wasn't for him! I love Dr. Agrusa {who just as a sidenote was voted Idaho's sexiest OBGYN!} and he is awesome to just take the time needed to address any concerns or questions we have. He thinks I will probably go into labor by myself by 38 weeks if not before since Gray was born at 38 weeks and was 8+ pounds. That is exciting to think about & kinda scary! Here's an open question for my 1+ kid friends: I'd love to hear any of your second child labor stories...did they come before your first, later, etc., and how long was your labor compared to the first? Anyway, everything looked good & he said my enormous swelling was just unfortunate pregnant swelling, nothing to be too concerned about. Yuck! (: We heard the heartbeat and Gray kept asking, "What's mama doing?"
We left Zac so he could go to work and Gray and I headed to our favorite place: Target! On the way there we were rocking out to some tunes & all of a sudden & with no prompting from me he said, "I heard baby brudder's heartbeat." Totally brought tears to my eyes! What a sweetie. We talked about it a little & he was so cute. We got to Target and he said, "Mama, I wanna walk in Tahget." I told him if he stayed right by me he could & he did awesome. He is growing up so much. We got the things we needed & then got happy meals at Sonic for the drive home which is always a hit. On our way home we hit up the library & did some puzzles, read some books, and told the librarian about "baby brudder's heartbeat." It was so nice to have a little date with my little man. Such a fun kid!
It was also Dad Cleaver's happy birthday yesterday so we dropped off his gift (a snuggie!) and visited with him for an hour last night. We are sure grateful he was born and I'm grateful I have the type of relationship with him that I can just drop by & visit with him without Zac or anyone else there & have such an enjoyable time. He is a great man and we all love him much.
Today I had to run errands & pick up the title for Zac's 4-wheeler because we hopefully have a serious buyer from Portland coming to look at it tomorrow & are praying he buys it so we are one debt down! Anyway, I was just running over & back & thought Gray would enjoy staying home instead of being dragged in and out of several places in a short amount of time. I called my aunt & uncle (alison & bob) and they said to bring him over, so he played there for a couple hours. I am so grateful he is able to nurture a relationship with them because I've always been so close to them and am so grateful for everything they do for me and my little family. He definitely had a great time and did not want to leave when I picked him up!
I'm making a new crockpot recipe for dinner tonight. Thanks to Jill, here it is for anyone else who wants to try it:
Heart Healthy Honey Orange Chicken
-Frozen boneless chicken tenders ( 15-20 depends on size; I could only fit 10 in my smaller crockpot, but still made the amount of sauce it called for).
-1 cup orange juice
-1 cup honey
-3/4 cup soy sauce
-2 tbls honey Dijon mustard
Put chicken in crock pot. Mix the rest and poor over chicken. Cook 4-5 hours and serve over rice. Yum!
Better get back to my nesting/cleaning. Have a great day!
4 comments:
How exciting to know you are so close. What a sweetie Grayson is too. Seriously I just love him. I was going to call you today because I have lots to talk to you about as far as the baby, her room, and my family. I'll catch you Monday since I don't want to take away family time. Glad everything is going well. Love you!
I was induced with Ryker because my first baby was 2 days early and weighed in at 9 pounds 2 ounces. So they let me go in 8 days early to try to avoid another BIG baby. It was easier all around alot of it because I was induced but with Kenedy I pushed 2 1/2 hours and with Ryker it took maybe 3 or 4 pushes. THat was the nice part that he came out really fast! I think you will find this one easier..I hope it is easier..I am sure it will be! :0)
Hope the recipe turned out... I meant to let you know that frozen chicken breasts deffinetly work well too! Cora was 3 days over and I was induced but Mav was 4 days early and I went into labor. Other then that, the labors were nearly identical time-wise....I so hope your 2nd labor goes well!!!
My first labor was just under 2 hours, and Carter was born right on his due date. So they were scared that my 2nd one would be even shorter. I was scheduled to be induced a week early, but Ella came about 2 1/2 weeks early! Luckily, my labor was about 5 hours with her. So we didn't end up delivering in the car on the way to the hospital :) Typically, if you've gone into labor naturally before, your second labor is supposed to be shorter. But I am glad that mine wasn't!!! Hope you're feeling good and getting lots done before the big day :) I've still got about 2 1/2 months. I really wonder how long my labor will be this time. Hoping it's not on the shorter side :)
Post a Comment