Today I had a doctor's appointment and my mom drove me over. McCall graciously watched Grayson for me. Zac met us over there. Dr. A checked me and I was still at a 3 & 50% effaced, so he stripped my membranes. I was a little nervous, but it wasn't unbearable, so that was good. He said he'd be surprised if I went over 48 hours, but we shall see. (: And, because we live an hour away from the hospital, he thought it'd be best to schedule an induction date for next Friday (I'll be right at 39 weeks) at 7:30 am. So if I don't go naturally by then, next Friday will be the day to meet the new little man. That was good-although I would prefer going naturally, so please pray for me on that end!
Afterward we walked around a few places and I definitely had a little cramping, but nothing too awful. Mom took me and Z to lunch at Chronic Tacos which was yummy & then she left me with him to spend the rest of the day. We met with the accountant, had a meeting, and checked on the stores. We also got a little treat at TCBY-my favorite!
Got home and Grayson was enjoying his time at Grami & Papa's-riding the lawn mower, which he's been looking forward to since last summer! We are just hanging here for a bit before heading home for the night. That's the update for now-thanks to those who are checking in, we'll keep you posted!
6 comments:
We are so excited! I remember having my membranes stripped, it wasn't too awful. And I had a date to be induced too and Greg came early. I hope this happens for you too, but at the very least next Friday! The girl I am filling for was induced yesterday and had her baby. Such a baby season this month!Love you!
Ugh...it was the worst for me walking around after I had my membranes stripped. I hoped you don't have to be induced but I think that it is funny that you were the same as I was and didn't want to be induced even though you want to have the baby so bad. It's funny how many people will reassure you about being induced but nobody wants it.
I hate this waiting game. I feel like a nervous wreck for you. :) Ha! I'm glad you got a little help. I hope for your sake you go into labor this weekend. I'm just so anxious to meet Hickory Baldwin. Love you much!
i can't believe that you didn't think getting your membranes stripped wasn't to bad. you are a stud woman, because when doc agrussa stripped mine with vince...i thought i would die. die. die. i would rather deliever 10 babies in a row than have him strip my membranes. yeah, studly that's the word for you karli cleaver. so you're at a 3...holy moly...you'll have this little man in no time. don't stress or worry one bit...you'll push him out like a champ and he'll be so so cute. good luck with it all. you'll do awesome!!!
Ahh, I'm sorry you had to do it after all but glad it wasn't too bad! Sounds like we are all just waiting on pins and needles for you! :) How are you feeling? I'll be praying for you! Love ya
Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you all day wondering how you are doing and if you've had the baby!
Post a Comment