Thursday, April 08, 2010

"Oh Onistsweep."

Grayson said the subject line the other day and then said to me, "That's what Grami says." I realized he was saying "Oh Honestly!" and laughed out loud. He is so observant and repeats everything, so be careful what you say! I love that about him, but love it more that he almost always uses words & sayings in the correct places. He's since used it several times when Zac and I are teasing him or each other, or one of us messes up with something or gets frustrated with him.

Tuesday morning I was putting laundry away in my room and realized I could hear Grayson's play drill going for quite a while. He is constantly drilling things in the house-the carpet/couches/doors, etc. & will tell me he's "fixin it"-so I didn't worry too much. Then I had the feeling to check & see just what he was drilling.

I came out into the living room...
and saw him...
drilling inside Beckham's mouth.I said (probably too loudly in hindsight):
"NOOOO! Grayson, you do not drill baby brother's mouth!"

Meanwhile, Beckham is just mildly looking at both of us as if he doesn't have a care in the world, let alone a large plastic drill whirring in his gums!

After assessing the situation {meaning Grayson was in timeout and I made sure Beckham was not hurt}, I told Grayson he needed to apologize to Beckham. He said, "Sorry baby brudder." I said, "For?" He said, "For drilling in your mouth." Okay then...hopefully that doesn't happen again. When I told Zac about it he said (while laughing), "Honey-that drill stops turning when it touches anything, so I'm sure it wasn't hurting Beckham." I guess that makes it okay then?! (: And after he told me that I have to admit the first thought in my mind was, "Oh..I wish I hadn't over-reacted and thought to take a picture before reprimanding instead of waiting to stage a picture of Beckham and the drill later!" Seriously, what kind of mom am I?!

For good measure, I later told Beckham that he needs to develop a sense of self preservation and scream or cry or something when his older brother is torturing him!

Until then though, the drill is taking up a new living space on top of the fridge!

3 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Oh no. I am waiting for moments like that. It seems every day Jhett gets a bit more brave. Every time I say, "watch out" he quickly says "Sorry Baby!" UGH! Glad things are going well. Love ya!

Susie Stout said...

I think you made the right call, It's just a good practice to have them not put anything in the mouth, I've caught Addy trying to give him pennies, food he's not suppose to eat, rocks, etc and have to tell her no for those things and for things that might be safe but I just don't want her to think putting things in his mouth is "okay", I have those feelings daily that I might have been to harsh just because I was worried that she'd hurt the baby so you are definitely not alone.

Kristi said...

Sorry, to laugh at this one...but it SOOOO reminds me of SOOOO many occassions just like that around here!!!! Let's see...where do I begin?!? :) Jake was about 3 weeks old, laying on the couch, I had my back to the couch doing dishes-(like 10ft away, in our teeny apt.)when all the sudden I had the feeling to turn and look. Jordan snuck in the room, pulled Jake to the edge, somehow-picked him up and was cooeing at him!!! (remember Jordan was like 14mos. at the time!) I instantly said in a freakish voice "JORDAN!!!" It startled him and he LAYED Jake to the floor! How he didn't drop him-I don't know! When Brooklee was only a WEEK old, I was getting ready. I heard the boys laughing really hard in the next room, I looked & Jake was bouncing her WAAYYY hard & fast in the bouncy chair - her head going everywhere!!! They thought she was SOOO funny for "being crazy" in their words!!!! Ughhh....yah, all I could envision was taking her to the ER with shaken baby syndrome & explaining to them it was my 3 yr old that did it!! Helloo!!! That's just a couple of them.....
You are a good mom!! Having more than one is an adjustment. Soon, you will tackle Walmart with 2 kids - no problem!! That's why kids come ONE AT A TIME. (most of the time!) I haven't mastered WM with 4 kids yet....but that's because when there is 2 wandering opposite ways, & 2 in the cart-there is NO room for things, and I want out of there before I even start my list!!! :) Ha Ha gotta love it!!! You are awesome! Keep up the great job! Love ya!
I also love his "oh honestly" cute way of imitating Tami! SOOO funny! And BTW-you look amazing already!!!