Grayson went to work with Zac for a few hours while Beckham and I got a bunch done at home. (: I grabbed Gray from Zac after lunch and my mom took him to her house to play. Jaeger came to our house and kept me & Beckham company. Beckham still wasn't feeling up to par-although he was extremely happy all day-and fell asleep many times in weird places. I get so busy with other things sometimes I forget to put him in his crib! Luckily he's so mellow & adapts to whatever's going on.
Jaeger was a sweetie and loved being wherever I was. Seriously how cute is this kid?! He played in the bumbo while I made dinner for one of the women I visit teach & a cake for Mom & Dad Cleaver's 40th anniversary.
After Jaeger left, I dropped dinner off to Jan, picked up Grayson, dropped off the cake to the folks, then dropped Gray-man off at Becca's house for a few hours while I had a Take Shape for Life tasting at my house. It went well and I'm so grateful for our friends Tony & Brenda who came out to help us. Around 9:30 I went to get Grayson and bring him home for the first time all day! He had had a busy & long day and I knew he'd be ready for bed...Well, when I got there, the first thing Becca said was, "Does he had an easy gag reflex??...does he throw up often?" I said, "No..." She said that he had been eating pizza with the kids for dinner and all the sudden just threw up all over the place...Then he took his cup of apple juice & looked at it, threw it over his shoulder, and slammed the cup back down. All super quickly! What the?! Then she got him in the tub to wash him down and he screamed because he hates having water poured on his head... I felt SO BAD! When I got there, he was cuddled up in Tom & Becca's bed between their three kids watching a show & wearing one of the boys jammies. Seriously. They were so gracious about it and Becca was laughing and saying how much she loves Grayson, but I felt so awful that they had to deal with that-and sad for Grayson that he obviously wasn't feeling great & had played too long & hard all day. On the way home he kept saying, "I'm sorry. I won't cough & fro up again at Becca's house, huh mom?" He thought he was being naughty by throwing up! Got him home and he had a fever, so we gave him some tylenol and put him to bed. I told Zac and he just laughed and said, "I hope that didn't scar the Houston's from ever wanting to have Grayson over again-he loves them!" I was pretty sure it wouldn't, but felt super bad that they had to experience that! It's bad enough with your own kids & always worse with someone elses.. Sorry guys-you are true friends! (:Friday morning Zac went to work in Boise and the boys & I decided to stick close to home since neither of them was feeling great. It wasn't affecting either of their moods-except Gray was a little more irritable-but just a couple hours after waking up, Grayson crawled on the couch and fell asleep. I moved him to his bed and he slept for almost 4 hours, so I know his body was trying to fight something & he was recovering from a crazy long day on Thursday. Crazy kid! I worked while they slept and then played & weeded the garden with Grayson a bit later. I was sitting on the bathroom counter shaving my legs in the sink (easier than our tiny-stand up shower) and Gray was watching and wanted to shave too. He said, "not with that one though-it's dangerous!" Apparently Zac has already schooled him several times on not playing with razors! So, I gave him a pick (the closest thing I could find) with a little shaving cream on it and he went to town.
That night both boys went to bed early & Zac and I just talked on the couch for a couple hours which I always love.A couple weeks ago, Zac's good buddy Brad called and said, "I need to ask you a favor....will you speak at mine & Austie's baptism this month?" We were both so excited for them and on Saturday we made the trip with Beckham and Zac's folks. It was a quick trip-just up & back afterward-but so worth it. To see them embrace and love something that means so much to us was just a great blessing. Zac gave a beautiful talk on the Holy Ghost too & I just love how tender hearted he is & how much he loves his friends.


They are a great little family {their little Isaac is almost 1 & she's due with baby #2-a girl-in October} & it was fun to see them and also Ben-another of their buddies who performed the baptism and had flown in from Utah. Grateful for their good friendships & the blessings of the gospel that we enjoy. We got back around 8 PM & Gray had spent the day with Aunt Taylor & then Aunt Morgan. He had fun and went to bed soon after we got home. Chris was here to play a few games with Zac and I did some reading and then me and Zac talked for a while before bed. Good times!
3 comments:
I hate coming up with titles as well! :) So sorry that sick is going around in your house. It's no fun, that's for sure. Except the kids do get more cuddly and sweet! :) But still would rather see them healthy. We have something...not too sure what. Allergies? Colds? something with coughs, running noses, and scratchy voices.
Jaeger is SUPER cute!
So I love the picture of Gray "shaving" his legs. It reminded me of college when you would do the same thing...small showers. :)
That is so neat for that family to get baptized! Love the goofy pictures of Zac! :)
Love you! Talk to you soon! :) Jen
Glad you are having good times. The boys are darling as ever. I hope they get feeling better soon. Love ya!
Karli---your dress and cardigan are adorable! so cute on you!!!
Post a Comment