With our air conditioning not working, it's given us a whole new appreciation for when it does! We've been trying to do lots & stay cool. Monday I had a ton of work to get done and I was trying to divide my time adequately between both boys/work/house stuff, etc. Becca called out of the blue and asked if she could steal Grayson for the day. Of course he was more than happy to be going to play at their house and we headed over to drop him off. He took popsicles to share and when we pulled up, her three kids were anxiously awaiting his arrival and he got out and looked at them stoically & said, "where's my popsicles?" Funny kid! I got a TON done with both businesses & around the house while he was happily occupied at Bec's house and when I went to pick him up around 4:30, he didn't want to leave. I know it's been hard on Tom since he lost his dad last month and I loved capturing this moment of him listening to both his boys tell him stories. When I told Zac after he got home from work that Gray had been over there all day, he said, "I guess that means his throwing up at their house episode didn't scar them from loving Grayson!" I told him how grateful I am to have friends who really love our kids and with whom our kids are so comfortable in their homes and feel safe & loved there. Growing up I remember fond memories at several of my parents friend's houses and am glad our kids will have those same experiences with our & their friends.
We had a busy & fun day Tuesday. I had three appointments in a row & a couple other errands I had to run so the boys got to stay at my aunt Jody's house. They've never stayed there and I prepped Grayson about it the night before, so he was excited. Tuesday morning, though, I could not wake him up for anything! I think it's just been too hot & too many late nights. I brought him out to the couch, changed his bum & his clothes, and he slept through it all. Took him out to the car & buckled him in and he slept the whole 22 minutes over to Jody's house. That made me a little nervous to think maybe he'd be grumpy or scared when he was suddenly at a new place with no prepping from me on the way over. Of course I underestimated him. (: I took him in and set him on the couch and he woke up, looked around, and said, "I like this show." I told him I had to go and I'd be back soon and he said, "okay mom. bye." Totally fine! Jody's kids helped a ton & were awesome with the boys. Gray had only positive things to say about it, so I'm glad they were able to get to know them better. And, it made my appointments & errands so much quicker/easier! It's a weird feeling when I don't have at least one of the kids with me & I find myself checking the backseat often and missing the stimulating conversation that comes with my 2 year old. It was so nice to just get everything done though!
We got home and the boys were tired. And the heat in our house was stifling. I put them both down for naps and worked like crazy (I've been focusing on doing my computer work as much as possible when they're sleeping). They both slept for FOUR HOURS! I couldn't believe it. I think they were just hot and their bodies just reacted by sleeping. I was too hot to even think about napping! But, I got a lot done.
It was also Becca's 28th birthday, so I made dinner and we went over to celebrate her. We enjoyed the yummy meal & the company even more. The kids played while the adults visited and we came home around 10. So glad Becca was born and grateful for her friendship. It's funny to think back on how we went to school together and never got to know each other. Then by default of our husbands being friends, we became friends, and I'm so thankful for that. She is the type of person I can ask any favor of-strange/last minute/goofy, etc., and she doesn't even question it. She is one of the most giving people I know, she puts the needs of those she loves ahead of her own, and she is truly selfless. She speaks what's on her mind and makes me laugh often. I love you Becca!
After we got home and got the boys in bed, Zac and I had a long & good conversation on the couch with the windows open and the fans blowing. We ended up staying up talking till 2:30 am, which I know we'll both be paying for today and tomorrow, I'm sure, but it was worth it. I sure love him. He is such a good man and I'm so glad he's mine.

1 comment:
You do have an amazing husband. You're just perfect for each other. Gray is such a good little boy who is so easy going. I love him. Miss you every day!
Post a Comment