Monday, June 14, 2010

weekends are fun

Last Friday morning Grayson insisted on coloring EVERY member of our families a picture and hanging them on the fridge. It kept him busy & distracted while wearing his patch, so I was loving it too.
Friday is the day our lawn gets mowed & Grayson decided to anxiously anticipate their arrival by sitting on the front porch...wearing daddy's helmet. Hmm, it weighs about as much as him, but he loves to wear it and I think he's super cute. When the guys got done, he kept saying, "Thank you for mowing my wawn today!" He adores anything with wheels & a motor! Later that afternoon he and Bex got to hang at Grandma Wendy's for a couple hours while I ran errands in Ontario & watched the finale of Glee with Amber. Fun for them and for me!
Zac surprised me Saturday morning by telling me he was taking Grayson to work for the day. It was totally unexpected and so sweet of him. Grayson was super excited and it allowed me and Beckham to have some uninterrupted time together as well as letting me get a ton done at home. Gray had a great time working and we all ended up back at Cleaver's late that afternoon to visit with Zac's cousin Josh & his wife Kalin which was fun. Chris & Chels came over that night to play games and I worked on TSFL stuff.
During church on Sunday, Nick Hartley & his wife Kim spoke on the power of prayer & on reverence. Loved their talks! A couple things they said that I want to remember & work on are:
-Act upon what we need to do
-Our faith is something we need to Act on
-Search things out, attend the temple, be dilligent, act on our promptings (no matter how small)
In Relief society, Tammy's lesson was on scriptures and she talked about the importance of scriptures study with our families. I loved a suggestion someone (I think my mom?) had of keeping a set of scriptures on your kitchen table at all times and then anytime you're around the table for meals as a family, you can read a few verses. Such a great idea & one I've already set into motion. (:

We took a great nap on Sunday and ended up at Pete's to eat dinner and watch the NBA finals. It was a fun night visiting with the family too. Love those good-relaxed weekends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures of the boys! And just to give credit where credit is due, I think it was Becky S. that shared the idea about leaving the Book of Mormon on the kitchen table. But I think it's a great idea, regardless. My copy has plenty of breakfast smudges on it because that's when I generally read mine, too. (And Grayson is madly coloring in a notebook at my house right now!) I'm shocked that he actually came in from sitting on the lawn mower, though. He was pretty thrilled that we had TWO of them parked on a TRAILER...
definitely doesn't take much to thrill that boy!