Saturday, July 24, 2010

grumpy

The day {Friday} just started off wrong.  I had been planning on getting out of bed at 6:30 before everyone else & working out.  I slept through the alarm though and was woken up by Beckham wanting a bottle at 7:30.  He is so smiley & sweet when he wakes up, but I was bummed I missed my alarm & my chance to workout.  Zac fed him and Grayson woke up, so I started getting him ready.  I must have been sending off irritable vibes because he was kind of acting out & I just kept getting more & more irritated.  Zac and I were trying to get work done & I was feeling completely overwhelmed, inadequate, and frustrated.  I wanted to do it all and felt like I wasn't doing anything.  Zac kept tickling me, talking with me and trying to tease me into a better mood, but I was stubborn & wasn't budging.  As we passed in the hall at one point he said (with a big fat grin on his face), "You are really irritable this morning, huh?"  I said, "yeah...and grumpy!"  (:  I was supposed to have a chiropractor appointment at 2:00, but I canceled it after I burst into tears about a couple stressed out money related issues.  Zac comforted and talked to me and I was working on some client emails while trying to keep Grayson from climbing all over me for a few minutes (he wanted to watch kid tractors on youtube).
Beckham was cooing on the couch and then I heard him fussing just a little.  I kind of said offhandedly, "just a minute baby, I'll be right there."  A couple minutes I went to check on him and my heart dropped.  He wasn't on the couch.  He had fallen off and was on his tummy just fussing a little and trying to roll over by the coffeetable legs.  I picked him up and checked him over and then started bawling again.  I felt like the worst mom ever.  My mom happens to be in tune with me without me having to say anything to her and she & Taylor showed up right then.  I took Bex into my room and let Grayson answer the door while I told Zac what had happened and tried to get a grip.  He assured me that Beckham was fine and that we'll just have to be careful when we put him on the couch and I calmed down a little bit.  I got Beckham in the tub and Mom took Grayson with her to ride in the combine with Grandpa Alan.  Cricket is changing a bunch of stuff next month & Zac and I have been working on crunching numbers, changing commission structures, and making plans for a while & still have a long ways to go in a week and a half so we wanted to make the most of the time we had to get work done.  First though, he told me to go get a 20 minute workout in and take a shower-two things I hadn't done for myself yet.  I did that while he tended to Beckham and after my shower felt a lot better.  We worked for about two hours straight and got a lot accomplished.  Grayson made it home and we had time to get a few things done around here before Jaeger came to hang out.  Amber called to check on me & listened to me vent for a few minutes-glad I could already laugh about most of it.
Chris & Layne came to have a game night with Zac which he hasn't done in a long time, so that was good for him.  The boys were good together-Gray pushed Jaeger around in the stroller for a good half an hour! and Gray went to bed super well at 8:00 since he didn't have a nap.  Bex followed at 9:00 & Jaeger gave in about 9:45.  I spent the remainder of my evening journaling, reading, and listening to the crazy guys funny conversations.  Decided beforehand to have a better, more positive & hopeful day on Saturday!

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Sorry you had that kind of day, I can totally relate though. Just take Madi's advice--she tells me "don't worry mom because tomorrow will be better" and then asks me if I want a Dr. Pepper. Glad the day ended on a positive note though. And never fear, a baby is broken in until they have fallen off the couch. Even our favorite NICU doctor admitted to us that all 3 of his kids took a tumble off the couch or bed as a baby. See you tonight!

Candace and Brian said...

So so sorry to hear you have a bad day. I'm glad you have such a great family in your life who is intune and helps you out. As far as a bad mommy moment....Lyndin fell off the couch last week. That was our first idea she was rolling. I love you!!! HOpe you had a great 24th!

Troy, Courtney, and Max said...

There must have been something in the air today. I felt the same way. Totally blah, and didn't get anything done I wanted or needed to. Then Troy came home... he didn't say anything about the messy house and just took Max for an hour. That was all I needed. Glad you got your groove back by the end of the day too. if you ever need a little brake call me and we'll have Gray over. Max would LOVE that.

Kylee said...

Sorry that Friday was rough. If it makes you feel better, that was my whole week! I mean putting Greg in his room shutting the door, going into my room, shutting the door, and just crumpling on my bed crying.
And you are a wonderful mom. I think at one point all of us have let our kids roll off the couch or bed at least once! I know I did with Greg.
Hope you had a good weekend. Love you.