A couple weeks ago when I went shopping with the girls for Taylor's birthday, Zac was left home with Grayson. They planned on getting a few projects done around the house. Grayson was SO excited and kept telling me he was going to be "Daddy's fixit helper!" Super cute. Zac talked about possibly waiting till his dad (Papa Newell) was available and maybe going with him to get lunch, but didn't know if it would happen.
A couple hours into our girl's day out, I got a picture text from Zac that said, "building boat & having tons of fun." What the?! He sent over a few more pictures and videos documenting their fun boys day out. This amazing husband of mine had decided that making memories with his son was more important than spending the day doing projects...{that he'd waited for a while till he finally had some free time to do-so it makes me even more grateful he was willing to let those things wait longer}. Anyway, he told Grayson they were heading to the lawn mower store and they ended up at Home Depot. It so happened that they were having the children's free workshop and so they decided to do that as well. Gray got an apron with his name on it and he made a cool wooden boat! I couldn't believe he was totally using a real hammer...crazy! (:
After they were done, they got ice cream/snow cones, went to walk around the tractor store, and then Gray zonked out on the way home.
There are so many things I love about this. I love that Zac is willing to put his family first...always. I love that he is such a great dad and that he's not afraid to be in the trenches of parenting with me...in good times & bad. I love that he loves spending time with Grayson. I love that he initiated this all by himself and just did it. I love that he let Grayson pick out his outfit & car shoes & john deere hat. I love that he and Grayson spent this time alone together. I love that Grayson couldn't stop talking about it and wore his apron the rest of the day. I love my boys so much!
Zac told Grayson that now they've started a tradition, so the Home Depot Saturday workshops will be a common occurrence from now on. What a fun day!
6 comments:
Karli! How cute. We have thought about doing those free Saturday workshops but for some reason never have. I think I'll have to have Lou and Joshy go.
Zac is a wonderful father. Grayson and Beckham are so lucky to have him.
BTW Grayson is looking so grown up, like a little boy not a baby anymore!
Holy cow Tuesday!!! What a fun crazy day for you. That's exciting about Chelsea and even more exciting you were apart of it all. That is the cutest post ever about Zac and Grayson. I absolutely LOVED it. Zac is the best daddy ever but he has a great partner who is an amazing mom. I love ya!
One of my favorite posts ever! Grayson's a lucky little boy to get to go to the "mawnmower store" with his dad to build a boat.
Good on Zac!
Zac is a fabulous dad - your boys are so lucky to have two amazing parents!
How much fun! I wish that we lived closer to something like that. It would be fun Greg to do something like that with my dad or brother. It looks like he had a great time!
Post a Comment