Monday, September 27, 2010

Wednesday

Wednesday was the only day on my calendar all week that I didn't have anywhere I needed to go.  I was so looking forward to getting a ton of stuff done, which did happen, but I also got a lot of much needed playing time in with my sweet boys who just seem to keep growing up more quickly than I'd like...despite the fact I keep telling them not to! (:

At one point while I was doing some catch up work on the computer, I glanced over to see Grayson on the countertop (which he's not supposed to be doing) getting a hidden bag of tootsie rolls (which are contraband unless given by mom or dad) and I had to smile.  First off, those gifted boots from Carson & Julie are rarely taken off around here.  He wears them everywhere and always feels like he's working when he does.  Second, he slept in that cute cordorouy shirt which was also a gift from Aunt Taylor that he'd worn the day previous.  Third, where are his pants?  I must have forgotten to put them back on after his recent diaper change or something.  Fourth, does anyone want to potty train my child?  I sure don't.  Totally dragging my feet on that one.  Fifth, I {secretly} love that he is so independent and can totally take initiative and do things for himself.  I don't really love that he endangers himself to do so, but I compromise ocasionally.  Sixth, I totally love this kid.
I dressed baby boy Beckham in the onesie Richard & Jamie gifted us when Grayson was born.  Totally love.  I found the pics of Grayson to compare and although there are similarities, they definitely each have their own look as well.  First, love this onesie because it reminds me of good friends and good music.  Second, gotta love a baby in anything "rocker" related, right?  Third, can I tell you how much I want to kiss his chub all the time?!  Fourth, daily I seriously can't believe how happy this baby is.  Fifth, is he really already six months already?  Can someone please give me some of that time back and then SLOW it down?!  Sixth, I totally love this kid. 
So looking back, I realize this day wasn't really too picture-worthy.  No big parties, celebrations, big milestones hit, etc.  Actually, I'm pretty sure I stayed in my sweats & left my hair in a messy ponytail all day.  But, it was a memorable day for me and the boys because we spent it together.  And a lot of it was spent on the floor playing with trains & building castles & bridges with blocks, practicing rolling over, and being plain silly.  And I remembered just how grateful I am to get to stay home with these two amazing souls who call me mom.
Love. Days. Like. This.

3 comments:

Kylee said...

I am glad that Greg isn't the only one that climbs up on the counters to look for hidden treats! This kid already knows all of my hiding spots :) I love that you captured this though.
And I am glad that you were able to spend the day playing with the boys!

Candace and Brian said...

YOu're an amazing mom to take time to soak in days like that. I need to be better about slowing down to just PLAY with the kids! Jhett is getting independent and I too choose to turn my head 50% of the time. :)

Athena said...

They do grow up so fast huh!? Your boys are so adorable. Love how Grayson wear's those boots everywhere! So the picture's of both your boys in the rocker shirt, I thought that all four of the pic's were of Beckham! It took me forever to tell them apart...so my guess is that Grayson is on the right? Cute boys you have Karl :)