Thursday {7th}, we stayed home all day. Grayson was being a construction worker {notice his "tools" in his "tool-belt."} He has such an imagination and I love to listen to him play & narrate.
Julie and Amity came over around 9:30 and she and I got to work on Tom's Memorial slideshow. She is amazing and had already done several slideshows in iphoto {thank goodness} and kept things running smoothly. I basically kept the peace with the chillins while she did all the hard work. Like I said, she's amazing. (: It was nice to have all day to visit, but we were both kinda stressed about it all coming together smoothly and being as nice as it could be. We basically wanted perfection if possible. It was so crazy seeing pictures of Tom all day and no matter how many times I watched it, I always teared up at the point when Becca comes on the scene & from there on out, I was pretty much toast.
The kids do really well together. Amity and Grayson are good little buddies and Beckham just follows them around. I love this series of pictures because Gray's face changes just slightly each time and Amity just gives her sweetest cheese in each picture. Love them!
Halfway through our day Tasha came by to bring a boquet of flowers for me and one for Becca. Such a thoughtful gesture! She doesn't even know Becca, but was prompted to do that. I appreciated it so much and felt so uplifted having fresh flowers in the house this week and know Becca did as well.
By the end of the evening Jewels and I were both about to pull our hair out because of the finalizing process & getting it transferred to a DVD. We finally got it over to a flash drive {thanks to her brother Drew} and felt a little more at ease. I think the slideshow turned out great and think they are the best part of any funeral. I just wish we'd be more proactive about doing them for people while they are still here to enjoy them.
It was a long day, but the kids held up well and there are few people I'd rather spend all day with than Julie, so it really was a good one all around. After she left and we all ate something, Zac turned on some tunes {the Black Crowes} and we all danced and enjoyed each other. He and Grayson got up on the table & performed for me and Beckham. I love how Beckham often walks up to the couch or one of us and lays his head down like that. He's such a lovey-when he's not getting into the cords under my computer desk! It was the perfect ending to our night.

2 comments:
Loving you catching up. Glad you liked your spray tan. I was the dork who was freaking in there because I kept breathing it in. :) I'm sure the slideshow went wonderful. How could it not with your talents?
You've been BUSY! Grayson looks absolutely adorable in his glasses! I love them! I'm glad that Tom's slideshow came together nicely. I think Becca's advice is something we should all take seriously. It's too easy to take those we love for granted, but we never know when our time with them on this earth might end. I'm so glad that you and Amber were able to go and have a fun girl day. It sounded awesome!
Post a Comment