May 18th: Taylor had the boys while Zac and I ran errands in Boise. First a meeting for me with my marketing guys about my website. Totally getting excited and seeing the vision of something bigger than myself. Loving what I get to do while also being with my kids at home most of the time, too. Had a lunch meeting a couple hours later with a husband/wife client who also happen to be good friends, so that was fun. Always a good time going with Zac for a few hours too. Got home and worked on some stuff & played with the boys. Night two of getting both boys down at the same time was much quicker-about 20 minutes or so & I had to capture pics of them after they were sleeping. Something about sleeping babies is just irresistible.
May 19th: We had extra friends over today which is always a nice break up to the usual stuff of life. Jaeger came over first and then Treyce joined in a little later in the morning. The boys played hard & when we were all outside eating popsicles and playing, I wondered how it would be to have four boys ages 4, 3, 19 months, and 7 months. I imagine I'd go insane, but it's definitely fun for a few hours. Jaeger left around noon and Treyce stayed till I had to leave at 5 & took him to his aunt's house. Zac chilled with the boys & got them in bed while I went to Boise for the Fabulessly Frugal's Coupon class. It was a great 2 hours chalk full of information, but I still haven't done anything with it. Oh well, at least I'll be ready for it when I have time! (:
May 20th: We had Ally over to play this morning for a few hours and Zac said he thought Grayson had met his match. She is a take charge 4 year old and Grayson is often that way, too. They got along really well though and are fun to watch together. She also calls me Ma'am, which is adorable. "Yes Ma'am."
After she left, we ran to Ontario so I could run a few errands. Grayson asked if he could stay at Grandma Linda's and she was willing, so I took him over there first. She ended up keeping Bex too, which was so nice. My errands only took me under an hour and neither boy was ready to go when I got back. Grandma said, "You should have stayed away longer." That's a good sign, right?
That night we all went over to my folks to celebrate my dad's birthday. We are so incredibly grateful he was born-such a great man. I am just so thankful he was my greatest male influence growing up and that he continues to be so influential in my life on an almost daily basis. Since becoming a grandpa, I've seen an even more tender side of him and love that he will come take Grayson with him for several hours at a time, love on Beckham, say the word "cute," and shows my boys another example of a worthy & amazing priesthood holder. I love you Dad!
We enjoyed visiting with everyone, eating yummy roast beef sandwiches, cake, and present opening. Bob & a few of his girls came over at present time and Beckham was sitting on Taylor's lap. He just kept checking Bob out-not smiling which is rare for him-and when Taylor put him on the ground, Bob growled or something and Beckham just lost it! He's never had anxiety around anyone and always loves people he doesn't know, so this was super shocking & funny! I helped him warm up to him and he did end up sitting on Bob's lap for a while, but he was still wary of him. Always a good time at Pete's place.
Got home and watched a couple episodes of "Drop Dead Diva," the newest show T&T turned us onto. So cute and one that both of us like quite a bit, which is nice.
Went into check on the boys a while after we'd put them down. Grayson was sitting on his bed with socks on his hands and he said, totally seriously, "I'm an astronaut. Don't take my gloves off." I told him I wouldn't & kissed him goodnight. Didn't hear anything from him after that and before we got in our beds, I checked on them one last time. He was laying like this with his astronaut gloves still on. Grabbed a picture & removed the gloves. Love this guy.
May 21st: My m.i.l, Wendy, let me borrow her treadmill for the summer because she runs outside. We picked it up & set it up right in our already kind of crowded living room and have LOVED it! I can watch shows, have the boys near me, and get my workout done. I'm generally kind of a perfectionist, but I'm learning to let that go a little and am not letting it bother me that it's in my living room, rather enjoying the fact that I am able to use it right now.
Used the day to chill, play, work, and clean. Attended the Owyhee ward high school graduates party at Bob & Alison's in the evening and enjoyed seeing some old friends. Headed home to put the boys to bed and watch a few more DDD episodes with Zac. Check it out, it's cute. {on netflix streaming}
May 22nd: Church was nice today-the sister missionaries spoke and did a great job. Primary went smoothly and after church we all tried taking naps. Zac & Beckham succeeded, me and Grayson ended up watching a movie & "resting" on the couch. (: T&T visited for a bit after naptime and then Zac and I took the boys up to the farm. We had packed a little mini picnic and took a walk around the farm, through the field where Zac and I always walked when we were dating and up to the pivot landing. We sat & ate our picnic and wandered around for a while before heading back. It was such a sweet time and an obvious lasting memory for Grayson as he kept talking about it. We always want to do such grand gestures for our children and they just remember the smallest things and the being together times. I love it and know we'll make this a tradition. We headed to Cleaver's and visited with everyone there. The cousins were visiting and the boys had a blast with them.
May 23rd: Busy day today. Taylor kept the boys while I worked like crazy because I was going to be gone all week. Got tons done and felt good about it. Got mostly packed, picked up the boys, exercised, played for a while, had FHE and the boys were exhausted by the time we got around to bedtime routine. Finished packing and cuddled with Zac. Long, but super productive day.

1 comment:
Just saw this post. Although I knew a lot about it already I enjoyed reading through it and seeing your darling boys. I really do miss you guys. I wish we lived closer. So I've been meaning to thank you. YOu have Brian and I hooked on DDD. We watch an episode each night before going to bed. I have to laugh becuase he won't let me get ahead of him and we race around at night to jump in bed and watch it. Slow, but glad we have that interest together right now. Love ya lots!
Post a Comment