Grayson's first day of Preschool {9/12} was great! He had an awesome time and was totally adorable. Here is the lowdown on day number one. He is in the afternoon class {12:30-2:45} so I fed him lunch and we got Beckham down for a nap. Zac is going to aim to work from home on Mondays & Wednesdays to make the running/napping easier. I took Gray and when we got there he started walking off and said, "See ya later Mom." I probably should have just left, but wanted to walk him in. He was a bit more nervous when we stepped through the door, but said hi to Miss Krissy and then she asked him to find his name {written on an apple w/ a magnet behind it} to put up on the magnet board. He had pointed it out to me right when we got there and then she pushed his name and a boy named Brooks close together and asked if he could find his name. He pointed at Brooks and said, "That's Beckham's, and this {pointing at his}, is Grayson." Haha-the B is universal for Beckham, apparently. Love it. Miss Krissy showed him where his cubby was to put his backpack & papers and he was off to play with the bean table and talking her ear off as I left.
Driving off I said a prayer that he would love it and have a great time because if he didn't, I knew it'd be hard to get him to go back. I got home and folded laundry, exercised, ate lunch, and checked in with a couple clients before having to head back. Awesome productivity! Z stayed with a still sleeping baby while I ran to pick him up. I walked in quietly and took a couple pictures. I loved how Gray was kind of sticking close to Miss Krissy and he was so excited to get a green m&m. He got his backpack and a sucker and I said, "What do you say to Miss Krissy?" He went and gave her a big hug and said thank you. This was a huge deal because he doesn't just hug anyone.
He ate his sucker on the drive home & it was like pulling teeth to get him to say anything about preschool except that it was fun and he is glad he gets to go back. When we got back he was sitting on my lap telling me about his picture and the story he'd heard. Miss Krissy had attached questions for me to ask him to prompt replies and he totally remembered the details of the story. It was adorable. He was so cute about it. I was talking to Zac about him hugging Miss Krissy afterward and Grayson-who had overheard-said, "That's because I love Miss Krissy a whole lot." Wow! Such coveted celebrity status so quickly! She really is a sweetheart and gorgeous too, so I think he's not alone in his crush. I love that he had such a great first day and he's been eagerly talking about going back, so it was a definite success!
*Before preschool, he and Beckham were each given a roll of toilet paper to do whatever they wanted with. They dressed in it, made a fort, and got it everywhere, but they had been following me around like little puppies and this entertained them for almost an hour!









4 comments:
He's absolutely darling. I'm SO glad he enjoyed his day. Lucky for you to get so much done too.
Grayson is all grown-up! I'm so glad that he loved preschool so much. He's so cute! I loved the astronaut costume you got him...adorable!
I adore that you gave them a roll of toilet paper to do what they wanted!
waiting waiting for a new post...
haha I know I am one to talk.
Post a Comment