Friday, October 07, 2011

School boy

We forgot his first day pictures on his first day, so I recreated the moment on his third day. (:  A little update on Grayson's preschool experience to this point.  He LOVES it.  Monday's & Wednesday's have become much looked forward to days.  He adores Miss Krissy-and that's putting it very lightly. (:  He loves learning, bringing home his projects, and telling me about show and tell and everything else.  He loves when they earn the privilege of picking out of her special surprise green toy chest.  He loved playing with the parachute and tells me about mom & baby letters.  He loves to do projects at home...mostly to make gifts for Miss Krissy.  {PS: blue sticky tacky stuff is a great switch for glue when you want to avoid the mess & it's reusable so he plays with it multiple times}.
Yes, he has a little crush on her and I love it.  He often says he loves her and wonders what her opinion on things would be.  I am just so grateful he loves going and is having such a great time.  She thinks he's pretty alright too and tells me lots of funny stories about things he says and does.  Here are just a few of them:

{9.14}
G: it's not a good idea to lick someones head.
K: Did you lick someone's head?
G: No
K: Did someone lick your head?
G: No.  Some kids at school licked each other's head and Miss Krissy said it's not a good idea.

{9.21}
Miss Krissy has been reading the David books to the kids each day.  She said she was reading the book where he goes to school in his underwear.  All the kids were saying things like, "Oh no!"  "That is naughty!"  Grayson said, "Um, actually, it's embarrassing!" 

{9.28}
Krissy told me when I picked Grayson up that he looked up at her, pointed his finger at her and said, "Miss Krissy, I like you a whole lot."

He also asked her when it was almost time to go, "Will you please call my Grami to pick me up today?"  When I got there to pick him up he said, "Ah no Mom!  I didn't want YOU to pick me up!"  He LOVES days when Grami surprises him and picks him up because he knows he can con her into taking him home to play for a couple hours.

{10.4}
When I picked him up Miss Krissy said, "Well, I was invited to your house for a sleepover today."  I told her to come on over anytime. (:  I asked Gray as we were leaving if I could take a picture of him and Miss Krissy and he readily agreed which is saying a lot.  {PS: can you blame him for having a crush on her?  This woman has four awesome kids of her own & her oldest is 16!  She's awesome!}

Haha, this kid cracks me up.  I am so happy he loves school and so thankful for Krissy and the hard work she does to make each day a success in every way.

1 comment:

Candace and Brian said...

Man Gray is getting grown up and SO cute! Glad school is such a success. What a relief for you.