*To preface, my nice camera is still not working correctly-the flash is broken-and it's either a new external flash for $70 or fix the camera for about $200, so we haven't done anything with it yet. Therefore, most of the pictures taken this month have been with my phone. Something's better than nothing, right? (:
10.5: Today would have been Tom & Becca's ten year anniversary. I was thinking about her all day and took her a little gift/card this afternoon. It was a tough day for her. We hugged, cried, talked, and hugged lots more. I hate that she's dealing with this. I am so thankful for her friendship and that we've stayed in contact weekly-sometimes daily-these past six months. She is such a blessing to us.
Zac brought donuts home after he and Gray ran an errand for me this afternoon. M&W donuts are an absolute weakness for me and the smell alone is enough to make me want to sacrifice anything to eat one. I didn't though. The boys enjoyed them & then I threw the rest away. Crazy husband. (: Gray also enjoyed dressing himself today. This boy LOVES dressing up. He thinks costumes and real/made up super heroes are the coolest things ever. He thought he was pretty cool and I think he looks like someone from Al Qaeda. Don't spread these around. (:
10.7: We had a playdate with the Fischer's this morning. Always love hanging with them and visiting with Amber. She got an earful from me today and as always, knew just how to listen, just what to say {and not to say} and just loved me no matter what. So thankful for her friendship. The kids just ran wild and had a great time. As they were leaving, Grayson gave Ella one of his bears-which she named Music bear-and told her she could keep it forever. Apparently she loved it. Several days later Amber called to let me know they thought they'd lost music bear and Ella was devastated. Thankfully, he was hiding in one of their grocery bags. She tells Amber he smells like Grayson's house! Adorable, I tell you.
That evening, Taylor and I went to Jordan Froerer's bridal shower. She is adorable and I have always loved her since she was a little girl. I'm so happy she's happy and it was nice visiting with the Froerer girls, too. Chase snuck in toward the end and I ran over and gave him a bear hug. We don't hang out as much as I'd like but we can always pick up where we left off. Talon watched the boys for me at their house while we went & I just love that he's willing to do that. My boys have some seriously great uncles.
I grabbed the boys and headed to Cleaver's to watch the BSU game with Zac. It was an eventful night. Gray was on one and had several meltdowns and time outs and I finally called it a night & took the boys home to bed while Zac finished the game out. I was so glad for bedtime!
10.8: I spent this morning at the stake center learning the tricks of the trade for pie making from the "pie lady." She is famous around here and I paid $6 a pie and she brings all the stuff. Pre-made & measured out homemade pie dough, homemade fillings {I did 3 apple & 2 razzleberry}, the tins, and the bags to freeze them in. You just learn from her-she teaches how to make the crust & everything-and then compile your fixings into the pie plate & take them home. My kind of pie! (: Now I have five pies for this winter in the freezer. One even has a special message for my honey on it!
Zac & the boys were home having a grand time while I was gone and when I got home Zac mentioned he had to run to Nampa to the stores. He asked if we'd want to ride with him, so we did. I love days like that and love that he likes having us with him. We dropped off phones to each store & ran a few errands. One of those was picking out my handgun! Zac got one a few months ago and wanted me to have one, too. We are going to take the class together to have our concealed weapons permit and then we can have date nights where we go target shooting. I'm pretty excited to have a new-to-both-of-us hobby. It's a neat gun and although I hope to never have to use it for anything other than fun date nights, I'll feel safer having the knowledge & experience.
Grayson was lucky enough to bring home Elly the Elephant-his preschool classroom pet-and take care of her for the whole weekend. He took the job very seriously and loved that elephant like no other. He let us know that she sometimes makes bad choices & is naughty, so we have to watch her super close. He fed her {only peanuts & strawberries-of course} and loved having her. He cracks me up. We were chilling in the car at one of the stores when a fire engine raced by in front of us. Luckily, I caught his reaction on camera.
We got home and the boys chilled with Zac again while I went into the stake baptism. Lizzie was being baptized from our ward and is a doll. It was a nice baptism and I spent the rest of the evening cuddling with Zac.
10.11: Today Mom Cleaver turned 60! She is an incredible woman. She doesn't look or act a day over 45, runs half marathons {and is doing a triathalon in the spring of 2012!}, does pull ups, gets down on the floor to play with her grandkids, is a great listener, always looks beautiful, and is a great blessing in my life. I hope I age as gracefully. I didn't think anything had been planned, so I contacted all the siblings and arranged a surprise party as a family tonight. I made a huge batch of hamburger soup in the crockpot & Em brought rolls. Z, the boys & I gave her a beautiful white pea coat which will hopefully accent whatever she wears for Morgan's wedding. She was totally surprised and not expecting her kids to all show up-that's her favorite thing to have happen-and she loved it. It was fun visiting in the middle of the week which rarely happens. We love her and are so happy she was born and that we are blessed enough to be near her often.
10.12: I had a hair appointment this morning & Gray had his first preschool field trip, so Zac went with him. They went to the Adrian fire department which thrilled Grayson. He is a funny guy. He is totally quiet and hangs back when he's with a big group. He's really respectful, sits quietly and follows directions well. He's just uber serious in settings like that. Cracks us up. Zac said as they walked in & Max saw them, he got up and ran over saying, "Grayson!" to give him a hug. I love that kid. I hope he continues to pull Gray out of his shell in situations like that. I think they'll balance each other well. He did love it, despite being serious and quiet. He didn't want to try the hose or climb in the truck, which wasn't surprising considering the large group of kids & adults, but he loved the fact that he got to listen to a real live fireman AND bring home a fire hat of his own. He jabbered on about it incessantly to me all evening & I loved it. Zac was the only guy there & totally represented his gender well.
We dropped the boys at Morgan's when I got home so we could head to a couple meetings in Boise. It was fun to have alone time with Zac and I felt like we got lots accomplished. I got a fun new case for my phone too because mine was totally falling apart. The boys love playing with Morgan & were happy when we picked them up.












4 comments:
The fire station was CRAZY! Max was a mad mad, Gray was so calm I was a little jealous. I agree, they balance each other well. Zac also helped wrangle Max a few times for me. Glad he was there too.
oops (Mad man)
yea! thanks Karli!
this post had lots of stuff I didn't know about and I love to hear your perspective on motherhood. It's my favorite reading your day to day and how you handle it and manage to do so much else for other people.
Ohhhh how I have missed you. Keep these posts coming because I feel it's my ONLY connection to you and right now I feel REALLY disconnected.
Post a Comment