Friday, January 13, 2012

Grayson's big day

This morning {january 13} when Grayson woke up we gave him a few minutes to do so {he needs a few in the mornings to wake up} & then sang to him over a birthday muffin & strawberries {his choice}.  He blew out his candles & I think Beckham was more excited than him!
He got to open a couple gifts.  Pajamas {I can't resist kids pajamas & he grows so dang fast!}, and a chest of 3 costumes.  He LOVES dressing up & I love that he does.  His imagination is incredible.  He loved it.  Finished breakfast & spent a good hour playing with his storm trooper ship.  Zac and I worked on work stuff, cleaning house, getting birthday stuff ready, and keeping the boys busy.  Gray got calls from Great Grandma Linda, Grami Tami, Aunt Taylor, and Aunt Doll.  He got a super awesome Star Wars card from Jhett in the mail.  My dad, Uncle Jeremy {who is really my cousin, but Gray calls him uncle}, Uncle Lance, Trevor, & Tim showed up to tear down our two big trees that frame our entryway into our driveway.  Jaeger was with Lance & came in to play for an hour which just made Grayson's morning.  They played all over & were so good.  I got some more birthday stuff done & watched my trees go away.  It looks so nice & clean, but really weird, too!  I kind of felt more protected with them & now it feels so bare & like anyone can see me or something.  Is that weird?  Anyway, I so appreciate the men in my life taking the time out of their busy day to make our place look better.  They are such great men.  
 Taylor called & asked if she could take Grayson to lunch for his birthday & came & got him.  {picture taken a couple days later} He was hesistant about leaving, but then decided it would be great.  I put Bex down for a nap shortly after they left and got A TON done.  I decorated Gray's cupcakes, did laundry, Zac cleaned the bathroom {LOVE that man}, and decorated for the party.  They got home and Grayson was super excited to see balloons with a stuffed tiger from Ella & Wren.  He LOVED it.  He said he needed to go potty & all ran panicked into the bathroom.  I followed in case he didn't make it & he started to throw up.  I guided him to the toilet and thankfully he got the majority of his lunch in there. (:  It was crazy.  I don't know what the deal was.  Poor kid.  He said, "Kids shouldn't be sick on their birthdays!"  Haha!  I don't think he was really sick, but something bugged him.  Zac cleaned up the bathroom while I got Gray figured out.  He was fine after that & Taylor chilled with us for a while.  The boys each ate an otter pop and Gray ate about half & then had to throw up again.  This time he made all of it in the puke pot.  Hmm...I let him open another gift {Despicable Me} and they watched that while laying on the couch.  He seemed to feel better after that & we didn't have any more issues, so I'm not sure what was wrong.
Around 6 everyone started showing up.  Mom & Dad brought the cake & it was adorable.  Dad picked up the ice cream cake & mom had bought some figures & made little signs for them to hold.  He LOVED it.  We had taco soup, chips & fixings, cupcakes, ice cream cake, and soda.  Easy & casual.  Guests were: Grami & Grandpa, Grandma & Grandpa Cleaver, Taylor & Talon, Lance, Kelsey & Jaeger, Chelsey, Chris & Lyla, Jeremy, Gwen & kids.  Becca & her kids were coming, but I warned her about the puking & didn't want to get her kids sick, so they stayed away. (:  Just casual & family & perfect.  We did dinner first & Zac had cleaned out the garage {did I mention I love him?} and put out a table & chairs for the kids.  That worked out so nicely.  The adults visited in the house & ate.  Soon Grayson opened his gifts.  He was hilarious after each one he would say thank you super loud and then a couple more times in a funny voice.  He loved everything & got some great stuff: G&G Cleaver {card/$}, G&G Pete {Talking Globe, Star wars lego sets x 3, star wars guys, cake}, L,K&J {a flannel dress up guy with tons of outfits & Star Wars book}, T&T {Farm UNO game}, Gwen&Jeremy fam {Star wars ship & guys}, Bob&Alison Fam {Remote control Star Wars ship}, Mom/Dad/Bex {Magnetic dress up guy, Star wars ship, lots of star wars guys}.  Needless to say, he was sufficiently taken care of as far as Star Wars was concerned!  Mom & Dad had gotten Zac a cool Star Wars book that he'll love to look at with Beckham and Grayson, too.  After gifts we did cake/candles/singing & cupcakes.  Grayson ate two & loved every bite.  He's easy to please when it comes to sugar. (:  Soon after we did the Darth Vader pull string pinata {seriously the way to go with pinatas!} and that was fun.  THe kids thought it was awesome & after they were done getting what they wanted there was still a ton on the ground!  I guess that's what you get when you only have a handful of cousins at the party & way too much candy!  Everyone got hugs & thank yous from Grayson and started heading out.  Mom grabbed a couple pics of us which were unfortunately mostly in shadows, but I still like them.  We sure are thankful for our family and their amazing support.  We let Gray play with one of his ships for a while before bed and then Zac closed the night playing with Todd & I blogged & read.  Such a great day to celebrate an amazingly awesome 4 year old!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Gray may have the same disease that his Uncle Lance had from time to time when he was little. I lost count as to how many birthdays, 4th's of July, Halloween's and Christmas's that he threw up on. I honestly think they get so excited that they puke! Fortunately, it never lasted long! His birthday was a smashing success and I'm glad we got to be there to celebrate! Sure love that cute boy!

Candace and Brian said...

WHat a great birhtday. I loved every part about it. THe decorations, cake, pics but especially the BOY were adorable. SEriously so cute. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you capture pictures. YOu do an amazing job with the details and how your frame your shots. Oh and I really want your Mom's shirt. I remember her pink one a few years ago. What was that site again? I really should get one for V-day with Brian.