Saturday, May 12, 2012

it's May! {#2}

We've been having some nice warm days & lots of water play time.  Sprinklers, baby pool, trampoline.  All together they equal some really fun times.
 The boys & I ran Taylor to Ontario {5/10} to meet Talon and she'd promised them Dairy Queen.  Zac was in a business meeting across the street, so he and Talon both met us there.  And, we ran into Bec and the kiddos, so we all ate & chatted together.  Good times, good friends.  My boys are ice cream lovers like their dad, that's for sure.
We visited Brad, Rosie & kids {5/10}.  Grayson-ever cautious-refused to try Jadzie's training wheels bike.  I finally bribed him with a popsicle and he rode around their cul-de-sac.  He said he didn't like it, but he did well & I was happy he tried.  Jadzie is such a doll.  While there, Beckham fell down their outside back deck stairs {wooden} onto the cement & landed on his head.  He was screaming and had a HUGE goose egg coming out of his head above his right ear.  It looked like he was growing another ear!  He settled down after about 1 minute and got back to playing, but we watched him super close & were happy it went down quickly.  That kid is a serious bruiser!
I wrote a blog post HERE {5/11} about the TIME magazine cover with a mom nursing her toddler.  The article stemmed a lot of communication on all social networks, and this was my take.  I came away knowing I am mom enough because even though I'm far from perfect, I'm the mom my kids want & need.
We spent 2 solid hours outside drawing with chalk. {5/11}  I am convinced I had as much fun as the boys.  It was 3D chalk {didn't really look any different-even with the special glasses}, but we played and had a blast.  Soon Beckham was completely decorated and looked like he had stage makeup on.  I commented to Zac that I sometimes look at him and think, "He is such a beautiful child!"  Both boys chattered and drew all over.  Grayson is the most complimentary kid.  I was drawing and he continually told me, "You are doing great, Mom!, That is a beautiful picture!, You sure draw well, Mom!"  If you ever need a pick me up, spend some quality time with that kid doing something he enjoys & he will make you feel super good about yourself.
We hung out at Grami's for a bit {5/11} and the boys asked to watch Franklin and have a sucker right away.  Grami obliged and we happened to be watching them at a part of the movie that makes them both a bit nervous.  They were repeating {or saying in advance} the words and making appropriate nervous & scared noises.  All the sudden, the scary part popped out & both boys screamed along with the movie & then busted up laughing!  It was hilarious!  We rewound it and caught their reactions the second time.  Totally adorable!
Bishop Hartley and his sweet wife, Brenda, delivered an amazing boquet in an adorable watering can for Mother's Day {5/12}.  So thoughtful of them.  They are an incredible couple.
We spent about 10 hours deep cleaning the house {5/12} and it was crazy & chaotic, but incredibly productive.  We jammed out to Glee tunes all day, the boys played and helped, and Zac & I got tons done.  Beckham was seriously entertained by the magnetic dress up guy for a solid hour!  Grateful for those productive deep cleans.


1 comment:

Candace and Brian said...

You seriously have the most adorable boys ever. I always love their expressions and the friendship they display. I always am beyond impressed with the quality time you spend with them each day. It seems you alwasy make the most of your day. Impressive!!!