Friday, April 30, 2010

Good days.

Beckham was 7 weeks yesterday and in honor of his 7 week birthday, he gave me a present Friday night. He slept his first 7 hour stretch! Ate at 10:30 and then slept till 5:30 yesterday morning. Ate again and slept till 8:30. Gotta love that! Then last night he slept an 8 hour stretch! He hasn't been waking more than once a night to eat for at least a week, but his longest stretch before the last two nights was 6 hours & usually it's more like 5. So yay for a little more sleep! Go Beckham!The guys came to mow our lawn yesterday and Gray took up his usual spot in the window just enthralled with them. He seriously doesn't leave the window the entire 30 minutes they're here. He is absolutely passionate about "mawn mowers." Love it. While he was looking out, Uncle Lance showed up and asked him to go to work with him. That got his attention! How grateful I am for a brother who would willingly take my son to work for a couple hours to give me some time to get other things done. I'm glad Gray will have him for an example and that my kids will grow up with his kids.

Wednesday we had another visit from Ella & Amber which was fun. We intended to watch the previous night's episode of Glee together but my internet was being stupid & slow so we both watched it separately later and talked about it when we were done. Not my favorite episode ever. The kids watched an einsteins movie together & were so cute sitting on the couch. The previous day they'd enjoyed playing in the fridge & Ella had called me "Mama" the whole time she was here. I think she's a pretty dang cute surrogate daughter! Thursday Grayson got to go play at Grami's with Amity while I worked from home for a few hours. We are totally revamping several things in our business and having a mandatory all staff meeting tomorrow to introduce all the new initiatives, structures, etc., so we're excited! Gray loved playing with Amity & Mom said he did well sharing with her too. After his nap, Kelli and McKenzie came over to visit and aside from Gray being a monster toddler, it was a nice visit! We definitely need to get together more.

Zac and I have been focusing on taking some time together to really talk each day (usually in the evenings after G goes to bed) and it has become something I totally look forward to. In a lot of ways, the past two years & all the drama/yucky stuff that came with it, seemed to suck both of us of our passion for life and the things we enjoy in it. We've been slowly rebuilding and rekindling that passion and it feels so good. We are giddy when we talk about our goals, dreams, etc., and we are setting timelines that I know we can accomplish. So grateful for a prayerful & passionate husband. We are both learning that if he and I feel good about decisions we make for ourselves and our family, and we have God's approval, than no one else matters...and that is such an incredible realization.

Yesterday I sent some things over to the printer in Ontario through e-mail and needed to pick them up by 5:00 but would miss the store's closing time. I wasn't sure who to call to do that big favor for me, but I called Kelli. She had said if I ever needed anything over that way to let her know, so I did. She picked them up for me and then I got over there when I could to pick them up. What a great friend! It's so nice having people you know you can call anytime for those little crazy favors & errands. I consider it a great blessing to have many friends I know would drop anything to help me out. Thanks again Kel!
{Gray enjoying a "picnic" in the living room a couple days ago}
Today Grayson and I watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and I loved it. Lance & Kelsey let us borrow it, but it's definitely worth owning. So cute! Zac had a great staff meeting this morning with all our employees where he instituted a new employee manual that we'd revised together along with several other tools for the employees that will help our business run more smoothly, effectively, and competitively. We were so proud of these little portfolios of goodness and afterward Zac felt really good about it which is awesome. I said a prayer after he left early this morning that he'd feel confident and say the things he wanted to say and that the employees would take the changes in stride...and when he called to tell me about it he said, "Babe, it went so well! I was confident and not afraid and I felt so guided in what I needed to say and address. I felt calm and didn't worry about what anyone thought or what their reactions would be. I was tactful & to the point and it went over really well. Everyone was accepting and impressed with the books & the organization of everything. I just felt good." I was so glad for him and for us. We're definitely making progress in this learning-to-run-a-business thing...

And, a bonus of getting up at 5:30 with him and helping him get out the door by 6:30?...Waking up to this beautiful morning view. I can't look at it and not know that God is in charge of everything and I know He loves us.

5 comments:

Athena said...

Karli, I am so jealous, as my little guy, as much as I love him, gets up every hour and a half- two hours to eat, and has done so since day one. I think one day he let me sleep for four hours in a row and I was so happy! So, super jealous that Beckham lets you sleep that much! And, you have somebody mow your lawn? That's one of my chores. You are so pampered! You deserve it :)

Candace and Brian said...

I loved this post!!! I am so glad things are going so well. Will you nurse Lyndin for me? She drinks a ton and still wakes up ever 3-4 hours. So tiring!! Good thing she is cute. Jhett and I watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs last night and loved it. So cute! Glad things are going well with Z's business. You guys are amazing and a great example for us all. Love you!

Candace and Brian said...

Brian and I were just talking....was today Beckham's blesisng? I hate living so far away. I love you. That first picture is so stunning.

NoellePratt said...

Oh you have such cute boys. Once those baby's start sleeping a little more at night it seems to make a big difference. I am glad to hear things are going good with your business.

Jeremy is taking that job up there, so we will be moving in a while. It will be a big change, but a good one.

Diana said...

yay for good sleepers!
I love the sunset picture. How beautiful.