2. Speaking of movies...My parents gave us the movie "The Bucket List" a LONG time ago...like over a year ago and we still hadn't watched it. I think we forgot about it and I would sometimes ask Zac if he wanted to watch it and he'd always make up something funny like he wasn't in the mood for that movie or everyone had built it up so much we wouldn't want to watch it in case we didn't like it. Although I knew we'd both like it, I couldn't talk him into watching it and he'd always say, "I'm saving it for the right time." Last night must have been the "right time" because after I said goodnight to Grayson and tidied up a few things I went over to the couch where he was cuddling with Beckham and he had a silly smile on his face. He asked me to turn on the tv/dvd player & that movie was in! We did both thoroughly enjoy it and talked about our own bucket lists afterward which was fun too.
3. We've been lucky enough today to have Miss Ella at our house all day. She's played, cuddled, and napped with the boys and we've had a good time having a little ray of girl sunshine in our house today. I especially love how Grayson calls her "miss ella" often.
4. As you can tell, my boys are just masculine. I put this hat on Beckham & thought he definitely makes a much cuter boy than a girl! (:
5. Finished reading the Jayson Wolfe series by Anita Stansfield and am almost done with the Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. Good reads, good reads.6. Last Thursday night our bookkeepers & friends, Matt & Jennifer, came over with their son Cameron (13) and brought us dinner and made us dessert. Loved that they drove over 45 minutes to be here with us. Love that they totally made themselves comfortable in our kitchen. Love that they have literally saved us years worth of headaches with our books. Love that they have become such great friends. Grayson loved "Cramrun" and Cameron played with him the entire night. We kept telling him he didn't have to and he'd say, "I don't mind-I like kids." So patient and sweet with Gray. What a neat family.
7. Friday we had a fun visit from Denise & boys. They are so cute and I love that although we live further apart, our friendship does not diminish with time or space. And, I love having kids together. These boys are so cute! We also spent time at a baby shower for Katie & her soon to come baby boy, Diesel. It was fun to visit with some friends there too.
8. Saturday night we hung out at Zac's folks house & watched Avatar. Surprisingly, Grayson-the kid who will only sit still for his John Deere documentary, Leapfrog Letter Factory, and Caillou-loved it. He watched over an hour with us just enthralled with the characters. Also surprisingly, I loved it. I knew Zac would like it, but I didn't think I would. Again, it was great. I'd definitely recommend it. Lance & Kelsey had their second anniversary Sunday and invited us to dinner at their house after church. Nice, huh?! Jaeger is seriously one of the most beautiful babies, I think. Gray enjoyed "playing" the wii & we enjoyed good food & good company. Grateful we live close and have a fun relationship with our siblings.

9. Have I mentioned lately that I really like these kids? 
And, for those who are interested, we are blessing this sweet boy this Sunday at 10:00. I'm thinking of a taco bar afterward but haven't decided for sure yet...
10. Oh, and just for the record...I got up, showered, got dressed, did my hair & makeup & all before 7:30 this morning! I felt pretty dang good about myself too! (:
6 comments:
I'm totally impressed with #10. I'm in love with #9 and I am excited you finally watched #2. It's a favorite in this house. I have read the Jayson Wolfe series myself. Have to love predictable Anita. She always gets my buck! It was so good to talk to you yesterday. I love ya!
I love to hear you compliment my child. I think you out of anyone saying something you love about Jaeger makes me swell. Maybe it's because you posted about him too....so that means he will make the book?
Thanks for taking us up on our offer Sunday. Sorry I don't visit much....I might need to give myself a kick in the pants to feel like I am not intruding.
I am excited to read the books especially after what you have said about them.
great job getting dressed!!! I was motivated by you though I still didn't get completely ready but I did get tons done before 8 am of course my workout class wasn't until tonight, the morning ones usually leave me tired and just waiting for a spare minute to shower. I'm glad things are going good. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.
I'm still laughing over your last post about running into that guy from high school at the grocery store. Oh, Karli! You are so funny! I guess we could all take some tips from your mom...as I sit here in my PJs and not showered.
I love the new pictures of the kiddos. The diaper-duo picture was my favorite. I'm going to be using this 3-day potty training method on Kacen in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.
Beckham is so precious! I love his adorable little face. Hugs and kisses to both of those little boys. (Oh, you totally made me smile about your comment that Gray still talks about Kacen occassionally. I guess we really do need to play again!) Have a great day!
Love your ten on tuesday list! The diaper duo picture is so cute. Beckham looks like a little doll in that picture.
I just finished my first Jodi Picoult book. "19 minutes" Sooooo good! I could not put it down and did not get much accomplished the past day and a half. Good author recomendation. I am excited to read more of her books!
I really want you to teach my how to time manage so that I can read more books...how do you do it?? Or when do you do it??
I love the picture of the boys in their diapers...really makes you realize how fast they grow...makes Grayson look super tall.
I want to follow your mothers footsteps as well. Every morning it is a goal! I just need to make it more of a goal!
Your awesome and I love you! I REALLY wish we could make it up your way this weekend...know that we will be thinking about you...as we always do!
Post a Comment