Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Amber's having a girl! {and other happenings from our first week of October}

Monday (4th): Monday's are always my busiest day as far as clients go, because most clients weigh in on Monday's so that's my check in day.  They are all doing so awesome and it's such a joy to be working from home doing something I love.  Monday's are also my personal weigh in day and I am getting seriously close to my goal which is exciting!  Anyway, spent most the first part of this day working.  That evening, the boys hung out at Grami Tami & Grandpa Alan's and Zac and I went with his parents and his sister Morgan to the Haunted World.  No, I didn't want to go. No, I was not looking forward to it.  Yes, I was nervous and scared and tried to get out of it. (:  All in all, it ended up being fairly okay...and somewhat enjoyable at parts.  I definitely won't go again though.  Too stressful.  Morgan and I held hands the entire time (about 60 minutes with the haunted maze part & the insane asylum part).  We did laugh a lot, but I am just not one for being scared/chased by a psycho chainsaw guy/jumped at, etc.  I used to not mind it, but since having kids I'm much more into nice chick flick type scenarios!  It was more fun talking about it afterward, I've decided.  And, I'm glad I went one time to say I did it and now I don't ever have to do it again! (before & after pics)
Tuesday (5th): Happy birthday to Doll & our good friend Stevie!  We love these girls and are so grateful we've known them both forever & that we have such amazing girls as great friends (and sister) in our lives.  This was also a big day for our friends Candace and Brian, who were sealed to their beautiful baby girl Lyndin who they adopted 6 months ago.  Candace is also expecting baby number 3 (another little girl) next month, so she is going to be BUSY!  I totally admire her and ached all day at not being with them in the temple, but am so glad I got to re-live it through their blog.  Love this sweet family and love the ordinances in the temple and the opportunity we have to be with our families forever.  Bre and her two boys, Nash & Kade came over today to hang out for a while too.  That was a lot of fun and something we need to make happen more often.  Nash and Gray went outside for a while to play and came back inside covered in mud!  They were having a ball digging in the freshly rained on dirt.  Crazy boy!
Wednesday (6th): Today Grayson went to play at Becca's house while I took beckham to his ear appointment with the ENT in Boise.  It took a while to get in and then I waited quite a bit in the actual room, but after meeting Dr. Beck and her nurses, I knew it was worth it.  She was totally good & didn't beat around the bush about his infections (3 doubles so far & 3 ear drums bursting!)  Anyway, she asked how long he'd been off an antibiotic and I said 4 days and she said he was already starting another infection!  Poor baby, huh?  Anyway, she said, "What are you doing Friday Mom?"  So we scheduled surgery to have tubes put in on Friday morning bright & early.  Nothing like hurrying to get things done.  Zac picked up Grayson for me because he got home from work earlier than I got back.  I ran some more errands, stopped & met a new friend Amie and her sweet new baby boy in person (I knew her husband in high school & we've become friends through our blogs), then headed home. Grayson had a great time with Becca & Treyce and again she sent him home with a huge bag of clothes!  Crazy girl!

Thursday (7th): Today I lifted with Julie & the kids had fun playing together.  I finally got the class reunion forms sent out I'd been working on which was a relief because of all the stuff we have going on.  Spent the remainder of the day working on filing and Cricket stuff.  Grayson was very helpful and played in the garage while I had my big table set up out there by the filing cabinets.   When Zac got home we got ready and headed to Ryan & Alicia's to spend the night.  Connor was great with Grayson and Gray was so excited that he was spending his first night in a sleeping bag.  Small joys!  He did great staying in the den with Connor and Zac went to the Haunted World with Layne & Jeffrey while I visited with Alicia and went to bed. 
Friday (8th): Zac had a meeting he couldn't miss this morning since the surgery was such short notice and I took Beckham to the ENT's clinic super early.  Gray stayed asleep at Ryan's house.  Bex slept till we got there and then woke up happy.  He couldn't eat beforehand, but didn't seem too phased by that.  He smiled and flirted with the nurses.
They took him back laughing at his big grin and about three minutes later the anesthisiologist came back to say he was asleep.  Then about five minutes later Dr. Beck came out to say he'd done great & then a minute later they brought him and laid him in my arms to wake up. Seriously fast!  He moaned and groaned a bit and then just screamed and cried for about 35 minutes.  He wouldn't open his eyes though.  It was as if he was so ticked off at us and just couldn't look at our faces.  He finally ate most of his bottle and then started being mad again and I put him in his seat and left.  Crazy fast procedure!  He slept till Ryan's house and then was pretty smiley there.  He still wasn't quite himself as he woke up crying from his naps which he usually doesn't do, but by the next morning he was back to his cheerful baby self.  I hope it helps a ton and that his ear infections/bursting episodes can stop or seriously decline.
That afternoon when we picked up Beckham's ear drops, we also picked up donuts for  the great grandparents and went to visit them.  Uncle Larry & Aunts Laurie & Juli were visiting with their families which was fun to see them as well.  Laurie thoughtfully gave me a beautiful plant that will grow into an amazing flower if I can take care of it right!  And, it re-blooms each year!  That night Gray and Zac chilled at home while Bex and I went to Becca's Scentsy party for a few minutes.  Love that girl.  (:  Spent the evening just relaxing at home and cuddling baby boy.  And as a sidenote, Amber is having another girl (like my title stated)!  Yay for cute girls to be the best of friends with my boys!  And PS-doesn't she look adorable??
 Saturday (9th): Spent all day today deep cleaning and deep organizing/de-cluttering.  It felt so good!  Grayson helped me all day and didn't want to nap, so it wasn't as fast going as usual, but quite enjoyable chatting the day away with him.  Beckham seemed to be feeling a bit better too.  That night our family attended a boy in our ward's baptism.  Wyatt was so cute and Grayson was hilarious.  During the first talk which was on baptism, the speaker was talking about immersion and what it symbolizes.  Grayson was sitting quietly beside me looking at a book so I didn't think he was paying attention, but he suddenly said, "I'm not gonna do that."  I whispered, "What?"  He said, "That."  I said, "What?"  He said, "Put my whole head under the water."  Totally hilarious.  Totally matter of fact.  And, I love that he was totally taking it all in.  I love kids!  After the baptism, we headed to my dad's since he was still being a bachelor and spent the evening with him.

Sunday (10th):  Good & relaxing day today.  Testimony meeting was good as usual and Primary went pretty smoothly.  Getting ready for our program in a couple weeks which is scary & exciting!  Came home and picked up the roasts I had cooking in the crockpot and took them to Pete's place.  Dad had picked up Mom at the airport (yay for her coming home finally!) and Kels and I had done lunch.  We had a yummy lunch and then a great nap, followed by lots of downtime & playing til Grandpa Alan made cinnamon french toast and after that we headed home to bed.

5 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Yeah for Amber and another girl. That's exciting. I LOVED talking to you yesterday and hearing about most of this post in person. I enjoy that so much more. I still feel like a terrible friend I didn't even know Beckham was having surgery. You're right it's a super fast procedure and worth it. Glad things are going well and that you are enjoying Halloween (Z is a scary junky I decided) to the fullest. Love ya!

Elizabeth Peterson said...

I had tubes put in my ears when I was 2 or 3, I never really knew much about how it all went down but I am surprised with how fast they did Beckhams. I hope it works out for him, earaches are no good! Good job on the haunted world, I am like you and do not like being scared so I won't go. I did it once way back before kids and that was plenty for me. Love ya!

Elizabeth Peterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylee said...

I am so glad that he got tubes put in. Hopefully that helps, poor little guy. What a trooper though. Boys are both seriously too cute. Love that Amber is having a girl. Yay, for almost being at your goal weight! You look amazing. You pick a weekend or day that works with your crazy life and I will come and play. Love you.

Diana said...

Joshy had tubes in his ears. I am glad they didn't wait as long with Beckham as they did Josh. Josh did well he just slept the whole day and night after surgery.
You and Morgan and Wendy look beautiful!