Friday, December 31, 2010

December Daily {17th}: Visitors overnight!

This morning I went visiting teaching & my mom kept Grayson so that I just had to wrestle one child...and really, Beckham is not needing to be wrestled yet.  He just mostly sat or slept in his carseat!  I love my companion, Elva, and love that she is such a good reminder to do our teaching each month.  She is an inspiration to me because at 83 years old, she honestly has a fuller calendar than I do & she just keeps going with such a positive attitude.  I always tell her if I was her age & lived alone, I would just eat & watch movies all day.  She just laughs like I'm kidding, but I'm kind of not... (:  I love her.  I love the three ladies we teach too & it was fun to spread some Christmas cheer to them this morning.
I picked Gray up and he and Grami had spent the morning making cookies for him and Jhett {which we forgot to give to Jhett later!} and he was so excited.  We came home and finished cleaning up the house & preparing for our guests.  I was as giddy as Grayson about seeing Candace and just eating up her kids & soaking in the face-to-face conversation time we were going to have.  We do a pretty good job of talking on the phone at least weekly, but I seriously miss the daily conversations we had for the first year of our marriage and LOVE when we have that time together.  So grateful they've decided to make us their pit stop for a night each time they travel to Washington.  Doll stopped by in hopes of seeing them, and of course loved on both boys.  She had to go babysit before they got here, so she missed the Nielson's, but the boys were glad they got a little loving from her.
They got here around 6:30 and it was a great night. Unfortunately because it's such a big week for the stores & there are tons of hiccups it seems, Zac didn't get home till super late & missed seeing the gang altogether tonight.  We missed him, but I gotta say that Jhett & Grayson played fabulously together.  Grayson has never played that well with another little boy his age & I was so glad they just hit it off.  They built forts, jumped off the table onto the sumo bag, built train tracks, colored, ate treats, laughed a ton, and enjoyed playing with Jhett's tractor present from Grandpa Alan.  Brand new baby Ashlynn was a doll as well-she just looked around with her wide & alert eyes and took everything in.  She is a darling & easy going baby.  I was also ecstatic to meet Lyndin & have she and Beckham meet each other.  They are just ten days apart and so dang cute together.  He is chubbier & she is taller & leaner.  So adorable.  They just checked each other out & whenever Beckham would pull his smiley face away from Candace {he had quite the crush on her}, he'd just smile at and pet Lyndin.  So cute!  Of course it is always great to see sweet Brian and every time we see them it's as if no time has gone by.  It's that comfortable which is my favorite thing ever.  Brian and the kids went to bed around 9:30 and Candace and I stayed up chatting on the couch for about 2 more hours which was absolutely blissful.  I miss her.  She makes raising three kids under the age of 29 months look not only easy, but desirable!  That's talent.  She gets me and I just love when we have time to talk.  We had their family take our bedroom & me and Z camped out with the boys which was kinda nice.

No comments: