Friday, December 31, 2010

December Daily {27th}: Trip to McCall

Today Zac had a meeting in Caldwell first thing and the boys & I started cleaning and putting away Christmas.  I was sad to do it so early, but knew we had a crazy busy week & wouldn't get the chance till January and then things would just be even busier.  Frankly, I was ready to have the messes cleaned up too.  I sometimes wish we could keep the tree & the decor up all year round though...there is something about the sights & sounds of Christmas that just makes me a better mom.  Maybe I'll just hang something up where I can see it each day & remind myself to be that good Christmas mama. (:

Grayson was a huge help cleaning up and keeping Beckham occupied with toys in their bedroom while I finished.  I love that he is always so eager to help in any way & so excited to do the best he can.  I love having both boys around for their quick smiles & laughs, and the way they interact with each other.

We were tentatively planning on heading to McCall to hang with my family for a few days, but didn't know if we'd leave today or tomorrow.  Zac called right before his meeting at noon & said to plan on going today.  Yay!  The boys and I packed up {the lightest packing I've ever done for the four of us to McCall-go me!} and waited anxiously for Zac to get home.

As soon as he did, we headed out & had a great trip.  Both boys slept pretty much the whole way & we got there in time to play, eat dinner, build puzzles, chill, relax, and end the night watching "Despicable Me."  Totally cute, by the way.  The biggest hit was this buzz lightyear tent that Bob & Alison gave my parents with their Christmas gift.   Beckham crawled up below the tv & would just crouch there watching the movie-so cute!  Both boys went to bed great & did relatively well that night. (:  So glad to be here!

No comments: