The next afternoon I had the rare opportunity to do a bit of service for my mom. She asked if I'd blog dry and straighten her hair. It was nice to do something-albeit small-for her since she's so often serving us.
Tuesday the 7th all us kids made dinner to celebrate Mom and Dad. We had roast, potatoes & gravy, corn, and fruit pizza for dessert. It was all delicious. The company was even better. So grateful that we all like to be together so much. The older I get, the closer our family gets-and I love it. We compiled answers to questions about them to put in a book, which Kelsey created, and gave that to them with a cd of the top 15 songs from 1982. The book turned out darling & it was a big hit.
February 8th was my Mom's 49th birthday. Since she looks younger than me, it's hard to believe she's just a year shy of 50. She has the best skin, style, and takes great care of herself. Not to mention she's incredibly beautiful on the inside. So thankful she was born and that we have the relationship we have today. She is wonderful. The most selfless & thoughtful person I know. Kelsey, Taylor, Doll, and I took her to lunch at the Neighborhood & gave her her gifts {I made her the heart pic & framed it of her FOUR grandbabies}. It was a yummy & fun lunch and we all had a great time together. So thankful for this phenomenal woman in all our lives.


.jpg)

4 comments:
What a beautiful and darling picture you made for your Mom. I just love to read how close your family is and how often you get together. It's too fun!!!
All things considered, my birthday was great this year! Love you!
I'm so dumb that I forgot to thank you kids for the awesome book you put together for us, too! We loved it and we love spending time with our offspring! I'm grateful your dad has kept me around for 30+ years!
I love, admire, and completely respect your parentals! :)
Post a Comment