March first brought a little drama to my life. I received an email from a girl who accused me of stealing her blog design for my Health Confession's site. The email was completely harsh & unkind and she assumed many things before even chatting with me. I felt awful and immediately started bawling {I don't handle conflict well} and talked to Zac, called Amber, and emailed my techy guys. They all reassured me I had done nothing wrong {that's why I hired guys to do it for me in the first place} and I sent her a reply letting her know I was working on it & would get back to her.
I felt sick to my stomach all day though, and hated the feeling of being attacked. T&T came over that night to watch an episode of Once Upon a Time with us and played with the kids before bedtime while Zac and I worked on the issue a bit more. She had posted a comment on my business facebook page & then had her lawyer friend post a threatening comment on there as well. I was mortified! I have worked really hard for two years to establish an incredibly honest and transparent picture of myself to my clients & prospective clients and hated that they would put that on there. I promptly deleted the post & asked her to kindly give me 24 hours before trying to correspond again. Then we all settled down, but I could barely focus and wanted to throw up. We went to bed around 11 and I maybe got an hour of sleep. I was up just thinking about the situation and how I could just make it go away. I decided regardless of whether I really needed to change my blog or not {for legal reasons}, I wanted to just start fresh. A new idea. Zac had said earlier in the evening that often the hardest experiences bring the best results, so I trusted in that. I said a prayer and kept thinking and over the course of a couple hours I saw details that I wanted on the new site. Different colors/themes/look, etc. I felt Heavenly Father's awareness of me as an individual. I finally slept for an hour or so before we had to get up.
No comments:
Post a Comment