Friday, March 02, 2012

Karli Jo is 29! [HIJACKED BY AMBER]

I asked Karli for her blogger password years ago, and man am I glad I did (and man am I glad I've been able to remember it!). Every now and then it sure is fun to hijack her blog and tell you guys all her secrets. ( ;


We've been friends for about 16ish years now, so I know quite a bit about Karli. A lot of these things are obvious to anyone who's ever met Karli, and some of these are things that only I know. Love you, Karli!

29 Random Things About Karli

1. Karli has an amazing voice. I've always wished she would go on American Idol because I think she would rock it. I was always jealous of her voice in High School.

2. Karli always thought she'd get married young and have lots of babies right away. She did get married young, but waited a few years to start having kids... and I think she and Zac had an amazing time during those first years as newlyweds.

3. Karli is hands-down the MOST THOUGHTFUL PERSON EVER. Ever. She is always thinking of others before herself and spends a lot of time doing things to make others feel loved.

4. When we were teenagers, we used to raid Karli's Aunt Kristi's closet. It was the most fun thing and we were always amazed at the amount of cute clothes she had. (p.s. Kristi, how sweet were you, letting us do that?!?)

5. Karli has crazy beautiful teeth and has never had braces. Lucky.

6. One of Karli's bad habits when we were younger was biting her nails. It took a lot of will power for her to stop doing that.

7. Occasionally we would try to "be cool" and go on the cruise in Ontario. It always ended up with us getting freaked out after one or two times up and down the street because we'd see guys with (GASP!) tattoos! earrings! We were sure these guys were hoodlums and we steered clear of them (and probably headed to the Stake Dance where all the nice boys were).

8. Karli is NOT AFRAID OF SPIDERS. Seriously. She would probably pick one up with her bare hands if she couldn't find toilet paper to smush it. I don't understand this.

9. When we were in middle school, Karli wore the biggest, bluest glasses in the universe.

10. Karli played golf in high school. I think it was mainly so she could flirt with all the boys.

11. Karli was a big flirt.

12. For some reason, Karli's towels always smelled like popcorn. Not nasty, greasy, buttery popcorn, but fresh, light popcorn. I LOVED the smell. I need to ask Tami what her trick was to get that popcorn smell.

13. One of our favorite Friday night activities was watching TGIF, usually while babysitting her siblings. (Her parents were much hipper than us and actually went and DID stuff. We were pretty happy just hanging out at home and pigging out.)

14. Karli was very dramatic for two weeks after getting her wisdom teeth out. I remember being annoyed by this. (p.s. Karli, I got my wisdom teeth taken out a few years ago and didn't think it was that big of a deal.) However, Karli was very tough going through childbirth. Go figure.

15. We would spend hours sitting on her bedroom floor with a CD player, singing along to Disney songs. We really rocked "A Whole New World" and "Let's Get Together."

16. Karli was always modest. I'm convinced that she would have been just as modest even if she had had the body then that she now. It was a quality that came from within her.

17. Karli never, ever cried from pain.

18. Karli is an Apple (Mac) girl through and through.

19. Karli hates animals.

20. Karli would wear flip flops in negative degree, snowy, icy weather while living in Rexburg.

21. Karli has never had any alcohol (although she has taken questionable drugs from Mexico . . . ha! just kiddding!).

22. Karli loves food. The best people do.

23. Karli has always had super cute handwriting.

24. Karli was and is stunningly gorgeous. Always has been and I'm sure she always will be.

25. Karli is the funniest person on planet earth. She has made more than one person pee their pants from laugher. (I'm not lying.)

26. Karli is motivated. When she puts her mind to do something, she does it. She's very hard on herself and doesn't give herself enough credit for her willpower and drive.

27. Karli was a major teacher's pet. They all loved her.

28. Some of Karli's food vices: cereal, M&W doughnuts, brownies/cookies, frozen Cool Whip, and TCBY white chocolate mousse with raspberries on top.

29. Karli was chosen as "Friend to All" our Senior year. It totally fit. Karli has always been one of the friendliest, kindest people and anyone who knows her is blessed. I know I am.

Love you Karli, more than you know. Cheers to your (our!) last year in the twenties!
xo
Amber

4 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

I'm so glad Amber hijacks your blog too. I love it. I completely 100% agreed with #3, along with many others, but #3 stands out so strong to me. :) I also laughed out loud about the popcorn towel smell. Hilarious that she thought that and remembers that. Happy Birthday Friend. YOu really are one amazing girl who blesses us all. Love ya!

Meredith said...

I love this. :D Karli, I so wish I knew you better! I know I'm 10 years younger, but I just want to hang out with you and Amber and be a part of you clan;) hahaha. Happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Karli! Your party was a blast and we are forever grateful to be your folks! Love you!

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Happy 29th! I hope it was wonderful. You are one amazing girl, and I'm so glad to know you!