Text Convos between Amber & me 10.29.13
A- Do you and Fischer want to come visit me next week?
A- Do you and Fischer want to come visit me next week?
K- Haha! Yes. (:
A- Todd said he'll buy you a ticket if you can come. He's serious. Pleeeeeease say yes?! (He's going on a work trip Mon-Thurs.)
K- Oh my gosh!!! I totally want to! Let me talk with Zac and my mom & Taylor and see if we can make it work. Maybe I could come Sunday & leave Thursday, would that work?
A- Ahhhhh!! If it worked out I would be the happiest girl in the world! Sunday and Thursday would work for me. Let me know!!! (And if it doesn't work for you guys, I'll completely understand. Don't feel bad if it doesn't.)
K- Me toooo! I hope so! I'll let you know for sure by tonight, but I'm guessing it will be a yes. (:
A- Ohhhhhhhh I hope so!! I miss you soooooo much. ππ
Late that night:
K- I can come!!!!! (:
K- I can come!!!!! (:
A- Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
πππππππππππππ❤️ππππ
Let's chat tomorrow?!
K- Yay!!!! Yes!!!!
10.31.13
A- Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
I'm going to see you in THREE DAYS!!!! How did this happen?! Ahhhhhhh!!!! I'm soooooo happy!!!!!
K- I know!!! Giddy!!! Thank you!!!' Thank Todd!!!!! Can't wait!!! Halloween schmalloween! I'm seeing my BFF!!!
A- HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Yes!!!!!
πππππ☺️πππππππππππππ☺️πππππππ
K- ππππππ☀️ππ»π✈️
A- Haahahaha!!! You win for best emoticons!!!
K- Anything specific I should bring?
A- Your sparkly eyes, your contagious laugh, and your darling baby would be plenty.
K- ππbe right there! πΆππ
A- ππ❤️
Needless to say, we were pretty dang excited. Just in case the plethora of exclamation points didn't give you that idea already. (;
I had never flown with a baby, but asked for advice on FB and got tons of good stuff. Mostly, go with the flow and he'll probably sleep. The few days before I left were spent packing, making a schedule for Zac and the big boys, getting the house cleaned up, and making sure everything was ready for me to be gone for five days! It worked out better for me to leave Saturday than Sunday, so we dropped the boys off with Kelsey while Zac drove us to the airport. He helped me check my bag & kissed me and the Fish goodbye and we were off! Getting through security was a breeze & when we were walking to our gate we saw my friend Kristy! She was flying to to her grandma's funeral and we got to chat for a few minutes. Love her.
Fischer was sleeping, but the lady working the Delta desk fell in love with him {new grandma} and moved us to a row with no seatmates! Perfect. I changed his bum {he slept} and got on the plane first. We handed out our little goodies I made for attendants + flying neighbors and the flight attendant was IN LOVE with us from that point on. Details go a long way with people and I am not above bribing for extra favors and love! Of course Fischer was perfect and slept the entire way. He woke up right in the last 10 minutes to smile at everyone. Our flight was great & we landed 40 minutes early! I fed him a bottle, changed him, got my bag, and then Amber and Judah were there to get us!

Words can't adequately describe how much I love her. She is just like home to me. The whole trip can be summed up with one word. Blissful. I just adore spending time with Amber in any capacity and love that we don't have to do anything fabulous or overly exciting to just relish in each others company. We talked and talked and watched shows together, laughed so hard together, and swooned over each others kids. We made yummy meals, became better mommies & wives from learning from each other, and were inspired to try new things. She makes me better. The things I came home and most wanted to work on:
-Leaving notes and memories on my recipes. Amber does this and I think she is leaving such a cool legacy in that cookbook. Notes on the first time she makes things, the meaning behind certain recipes, who she got them from & why she loves them, etc.
-Worrying more about the PEOPLE and relationships in my home instead of everything being in a perfect place all the time. My home can be clean without me being anal about it and putting people on hold.
-Making sure the kids get a fruit and/or veggie at every meal {we're starting with lunch/dinner} and trying to help them try new things. Always eating meals at the table together. Putting music on lightly in the background during meal prep & eating time.
Some favorite things we did/heard/saw:
-Eating and talking at Olive Garden in the Cities after I arrived
-Ella seeing Fischer for the first time and saying, "Your baby looks like an Indian baby from China!" Hahahaha!
-Hanging with Todd, Amber, and kids Sunday before he left on his work trip. Seeing their family dynamics and having them love on their namesake.
-Staying in our sweats all day when possible
-SNOW! Amber & I taking Fischer to get ice cream and parking at the Green Giant and chatting and it snowed while we were there. We were actually heading to a mom's group thing, but didn't want to risk the yucky roads, so we turned around.
-Yummy breakfast at the cutest little cafe.
-Teaching Judah where his nose is and holding his squishy little self. Reading and playing with the girls. Facetime with my boys back home.
-Fischer sleeping most the time we were there. He was really such a sweetie the whole time and I ate up the one on one time with him.
-Being introduced to two new artists: Lorde and Lanna Del Ray
-Sharing a bed because that's what best friends do! {PS: love that Todd totally gets this about us and willingly suggested he sleep on the couch downstairs so we could get as much out of our time together as possible.} As it turns out, two tired mommies don't stay up chatting late into the night once we hit the sheets, we just slept as soon as our heads hit the pillows! Ha!
Although I missed my boys and was ready to get home to see them, the time with Amber always goes much too quickly and I am never ready to leave her. I wished I could pack her and her family into my suitcase and bring them home. I'm convinced that someday we will be neighbors or roomies. For now, it will be a while since their family is MOVING from Minnesota to Wisconsin! Todd was given a great promotion and it will be an awesome thing for their family, but I am anxiously awaiting the day the Fischer's move back to the North West! Until then, I'll look forward to a trip to Wisconsin sometime in 2014! We laughed that when we don't take very many pics or have a lot of instagram activity going on, we must be making the most out of life and appreciating the moment because this is the only pic we got together! It's true though-we just eat the time together up! Love you Amber!
It was great being picked up Thursday afternoon by Zac and Beckham. Beckham RAN to me and was so happy to see me and Fischer. Probably just as happy to receive his gift {that I picked up at Target on our way home! ha!} We surprised Grayson and I went in to grab him after school. He wasn't expecting me and with his super serious face walked over to me and then hugged me tighter than he ever has and for a long time. It was soooo sweet! Sometimes after a trip I feel like the boys punish me for being gone {usually when Zac and I go together} and they are awful the day or two after we get back. Maybe it was the comfort of being with daddy while I was gone, but they were absolutely a joy to be with for the day and days after I got home. They loved their gifts, gave lots of hugs, and played independently and with each other great for hours. And, Zac had outdone himself. He played the role of Mr. Mom so well! He had lots of help during the days {Gray at school + Bex at Taylor's and Becca's}, + people feeding him dinner a couple times, but he did a great job keeping everything together, doing bedtime, and the house was SPOTLESS. All the beds made {you know that's my big thing}, laundry done, things scrubbed, toys put away, etc. And, he didn't miss a day of CrossFit because his sweet dad came over at 5:45 AM each morning and slept on our couch til he got home. He had a little buddy as Grayson went and joined him most mornings.
So so grateful for two good husbands who made this possible. Todd for making the suggestion & buying my ticket, and Zac for holding down the fort here while I went. Thanks to Taylor & Talon, Wendy & Newell, Mom, Becca, and Kelsey for all their help here, too. I have the best blessings in the form of people in my life. Grateful to have all my boys together again!


















No comments:
Post a Comment